Booing the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they touched the ball again after that free kick. We killed the game with a couple of minutes left. I thought it was good game management.

Lack of movement upfront which Rom was guilty of last night at one point the crowd got a bit frustrated with him standing static waiting for something to happen for 70 odd minutes does not go down well with fans
yes the sideways passing is frustrating but there clearly is a reason for that =no options
The problem is that Rom shows for so many through balls and we never play them so eventually he stops. The sideways passing is an issue nomatter who plays although Kone has looked more lively than Rom or Eto'o.0

It was a weak QPR team they was there for the taking we should be at them for the full 90 mins

At 3-1 up I have no problem with us killing the game.

Mirallas was still running round being generally hugely competitive and trying to make things happen. Sometimes it's best to take your foot off the gas and just take the win.

TBH that beggars belief. If Neville can see negative aspects of our play which upsets the fans what on earth is Roberto seeing?
Ofcourse he knows the issue and I hate to say it but the booing may force him to change his tactics a little but he'll never admit that on TV.

Haven't booed anyone at Goodison since the early 70's simply because I don't see the point but I don't have any problem with those who do. Might be worth remembering we have form for this though ... I can remember Kendall and Royle getting dog's abuse when they started for us from sections of the crowd.

Booing shows, oddly enough, how much people care and no matter how much others may disagree, they have the right to express their frustration with a team / gameplan which looks like producing less than what was hoped for.

As to R M, I thought his press conference before the game beggared belief ... script courtesy of Brenda.

I don't know why people think more direct passing will work when there's nothing up front.

We saw when Eto'o and Kone started linking up late on that Everton are still capable of opening teams up when the ball sticks around the edge of the box.

As for the booing, there was no need for it. Where were these high standards when Phil Neville was chipping the ball out of play every week?
Its his fault he made us dream again. Moyes would never have made that mistake. :)

I don't know why people think more direct passing will work when there's nothing up front.

We saw when Eto'o and Kone started linking up late on that Everton are still capable of opening teams up when the ball sticks around the edge of the box.

As for the booing, there was no need for it. Where were these high standards when Phil Neville was chipping the ball out of play every week?

Tbh I don't mind us going backwards if we retain possession, I think what irked some people was us playing it back all the way to Howard, just to have him hump it aimlessly into a 50/50 challenge in midfield. No sense to that at all.

Tbh I don't mind us going backwards if we retain possession, I think what irked some people was us playing it back all the way to Howard, just to have him hump it aimlessly into a 50/50 challenge in midfield. No sense to that at all.
That was a big problem yesterday, our back 4 bottled it and started to hoof.

They look so short on confidence

At 3-1 up I have no problem with us killing the game.

Mirallas was still running round being generally hugely competitive and trying to make things happen. Sometimes it's best to take your foot off the gas and just take the win.

If it was City or Chelsea I have no problem with that as they have the quality to score 2 if not 3 goals in the last ten mins, QPR on the other hand we should be trying for 4 5 goals especially on the back of 4 games in 12 days resulting in L3 D1. The crowd have a right for attacking football last night instead of our attacks involving Howard touching the ball more than the forward players.

Stones cant get up to fitness fast enough.

Wouldnt hesitate playing barry or alcaraz with him too.

Jags and disitn are an axis of gash, add in the bearded clowns distribution. No wonder its slow and labored

I was getting so frustrated with Howard. Unless a player is totally unmarked and 5 yards away he boots it up field.

As a result we always start too far back or if it does go back it ends with a punt up field. Good possession teams use the goalie as the final defender. We use Barry and as a result we're always a little out numbered.

Rather than booing why not start a chant of "Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack". Same message but a more positive way of doing it. Would create a better atmosphere also.
I think that would be far better. One of the reasons Utd where so good is the feeling of oh [Poor language removed] once you heard them doing it.

Reading this thread it sounds like 35,000 of us booed the team off at full time and it just wasn't like that at all.
Any booing was from a very small handfull ( more frustrated shouts than anything for that Jags backpass ).
It's probably just a quirk of sound editing / where Sky had their mics if it seemed different on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.