Booing the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lack of movement upfront which Rom was guilty of last night at one point the crowd got a bit frustrated with him standing static waiting for something to happen for 70 odd minutes does not go down well with fans
yes the sideways passing is frustrating but there clearly is a reason for that =no options

Osman and the old pienaar playing lots of one-twos around the opposition box. Didn't lead to that many goals but at least kept the excitement up.

yeah totally against booing when we try to take the sting out of a game when we are 3-0 up. Show the players and managers tactics a bit more respect!

"Take the sting out of a game when we are 3-0 up".........against the worst team we have seen at Goodison all season.

A team which before last night had scored twice away from home all season?

Yeah right.

We should have been kicking on and puting them to the sword.

You "take the sting out if the game" when there is still a chance you might get stung.....like if you are a goal up against Chelsea with a few minutes left.

"Take the sting out of a game when we are 3-0 up".........against the worst team we have seen at Goodison all season.

Yeah right.

You "take the sting out if the game" when there is still a chance you might get stung.....like if you are a goal up against Chelsea with a few minutes left.

Exactly. We should have battered them....goal difference can be worth an extra point......

I'd rather we played like that and we won 3-1, than go gung ho and lost 6-3, or threw away a 2 goal lead.....sound familiar?

Last season against Newcastle we dominated first half went in 3-0, second half we came out the same way and let them back into the game, and nearly ended up with just a point.

You might feel that way.......and so do I.

But Roberto Martinez is on record, on the morning of the OT victory last season, as saying that he would "rather lose 5-0 playing an open, expansive game than fluke a 1-0 victory in a scrappy game".

Now, both you and me would settle for the scrappy 1-0 all the time, but somewhere along the line Bobby has changed his "philosophy".

But its not like we didnt want to batter them.

Neither is it that we want to slowly pass back and have our centrebacks labour over finding a pass.

We are in poor form...short on confidence...making bad mistakes and it shows.

Booing at this moment in time is badly stupid.

All the booing does is make our players heads drop, revert to hoof and gives the opposition a boost.

Would never tell a fellow fan how to act but the sheer hostility at times is really strange, even if we're in and out of form.

And its not just this season, even last year it was deathly quiet, and the moans and groans kicked in as soon as a single pass was misplaced.

Think after how well last year went some fans become spoilt brats expecting to blow everyone and everything away

Yeah right.

Think you need to take the sting out of your arse lad ;)

Booing them isn't the answer, maybe a big collective sigh or hmmmmmm is better...??

I don't know why people think more direct passing will work when there's nothing up front.

We saw when Eto'o and Kone started linking up late on that Everton are still capable of opening teams up when the ball sticks around the edge of the box.

As for the booing, there was no need for it. Where were these high standards when Phil Neville was chipping the ball out of play every week?

But it's so obvious that they're lacking confidence and that's why they end up passing it back.

Booing the players is the opposite of what they need.
I disagree. At 3-1 we should have had loads of confidence.

We pass back because with our fullbacks so far forward we are scared silly of giving the ball away.

I still think it was a disgrace to boo. The whole night and atmosphere had another Hull all over it. Thank god we where two up at half time as there are an awful lot of fans that haven't been totally won over by Martinez after all.

I have but I just wish we tried harder to win in back quickly and passed forward earlier when both Coleman and Baines are back if it is misplaced and their defence isn't set.

Status
Not open for further replies.