Bolton 1-2 Everton. 26th Jan @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we try and outgrock them with long balls we'll be gash and lose.

If we actually play good football like we actually can we'll win.

Nice one chico! Didn't know you also use the expression "angst" in English :)

Had a good laugh about that Swansea kid! This Blert!

77 - 0 Everton, All 77 goals from 40 yards by Hitzlsperger

I reckon Moyes will go something like this:

Howard
Neville Jags Distin Baines
Anichebe Hitz Osman Pienaar
Fellaini
Jelavic

........love the old pics. Noticed Reidy myself and if I'm not mistaken he's standing next to Peter Thompson with Sam Allerdyce in the background. When I think of Bolton I recall the old ground and the goal Frank Worthington scored when he flicked it over his head and smashed the volley in. If I'm not mistaken, our 1966 semi-final win against United (Colin Harvey goal) was at Bolton so we have some positive Trotters related FA Cup history.
We know how dangerous it is to predict our team, but the attitude at Cheltenham was first class and if we have the same determination we should be ok.

have to keep Jelavic in the side he will soon get back into getting goals.
a few in this game will do him good 3-1 Everton with Fellaini getting his 10th of the season.

Good write up Chico, agreed on that ballboy incident last night.

Can see Moyes leaving Jelavic in the XI, we'l see, I wouldn't mind seeing Felli back in the middle with a different top 2 pairing, and I just want Naismith out of the starting line up for this.

Bolton 0 Everton 2, COYB.

Fuming and laughing at the anti-Woolness of this preview.

God help you next time we play in the States if you go off on one !!

Enjoyed it though.
2/10.

Obviously it'll be a draw,1-1.

More top-drawer writing Chico, really appreciate the effort you make on these pieces.

Not sure I want to see Mirallas starting so soon after returning from injury;

Don't see the point in dropping Jelavic if we just continue playing the same formation with Neville in CM and Felli as ACM.

What I hope DM will do:

- Neville at RB, unless either Hibbo or Coleman are fit.
- Jags, Distin, Baines make up the rest of the back four.
- Switch Pienaar to RM ( predicting Bolton will have noted how Southampton shut down the Baines/Pienaar combo - we need a plan b )
- Hitz and Felli as orthodox CMs
- Oviedo starts at LM
- Jelavic and Anichebe as a front pair.

Rest Osman. Give Jelavic better service and closer support. Utilise Oviedo's pace. Allow Felli to dominate midfield. Get the early lead. Give Hitz, Oviedo and Anichebe the full 90 mins. Get Duffy, Velios and Mirallas on for 30 mins each if possible, ideally for Distin, Baines (Oviedo drops back to LB, Mirallas to LM) and whoever tires first out of the front two.

Play like they want to win the cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.