BOBBY LATCHFORD WALKS ON WATER

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Andy King a truly adopted Blue....virtually his final act as an Everton player was the error that lead to Villa's goal in the second leg of the league cup semi. Obviously we held on to go through but HK opted for someone else for the final Iirc and also for the FA run and final too. Kev Richardson?

We had 14,000 at Villa Park for the second leg that night.

Oficially.

There were thousands more dotted around the ground.

It was like a home match.

Difficult to chose a favourite, I always loved his second at QPR (the day he scored 4) - first and second both diving headers.

The picture of him celebrating the 30th goal in front of the Gwladys Street, I was directly behind that photographer, right at the front against the wall.

Great memories...

Big Bob was my first Everton hero, hence the name. My first season as a season ticket holder was 77-78. Me and my cousin used to stand on a beer crate in the enclosure so we could see over the wall.
The game against Chelsea we got squashed as people invaded the pitch using the crate to get on.
I was at Elland Road too v West Ham.
Those were the days!

Happy Birthday Latch, my true hero

Oh God another game were we went from the "highs" of Latchy's equaliser and what a goal that was,phenomenal support again that night,the only time the hammers got out of their half for the rest of the game was Lampards fluke winner,I remember hanging around afterwards for our bus to pick us up and seeing Mick Lyons coming out of the main entrance a broken man and in tears,he was one of us big Mick:(

I went to that semi with some lads from Runcorn, one of whom had a car - unusual for an 18 year old back then. They dropped me at Runcorn station on the way back, must have been early hours of the morning. The only train back to Liverpool was a football special bringing Liverpool fans back from their semi-final replay with Arsenal which they had drawn. Walked on the train wearing my Everton scarf and got dogs abuse back to Lime Street. Then had to walk back home to Huyton. A few weeks later (the Liverpool semi went to 3 replays!!!) I went to see the Undertones at the Empire and when they came out for their encores Feargal Sharkey announced that Liverpool had lost - with a big grin on his face. The place went mental.

I remember that season well, Big, Brave Bob in a midweek game at home against the RS, Big Brave Bob came back to the Park End to defend a corner and accidentally fell on Tommy Smith who got up and grabbed Big Brave Bob round the throat and proceded to drag him 20 yards round the penalty box without interruption from the officials or his teammates, Smith finally got fed up and just pushed Big Brave Bob away. I have often thought how embarrassed I was for him that night, I am neither big nor brave but feel sure that I would have shared a cell with big Dunc
rather than be such a spineless [Poor language removed]. Also, can anyone remember how many goals did he score in an Everton shirt against the red [Poor language removed].

A few years back I was in the Marquee and he came in to sell his book. I got one and asked him to sign it for my dad. Everyone got off to go in the ground and I went over to talk with him. They say never meet your heroes as they will let you down...Well I ended up watching the game with him on the big screen, chatting with him for around 2 hours. This was the guy i cheered on as a kid, the guy I wanted to play football like. He was no let down. He was real nice guy. Thanks Bob for all the great times when I cheered you on, and for that chat while watching the game.

I remember that season well, Big, Brave Bob in a midweek game at home against the RS, Big Brave Bob came back to the Park End to defend a corner and accidentally fell on Tommy Smith who got up and grabbed Big Brave Bob round the throat and proceded to drag him 20 yards round the penalty box without interruption from the officials or his teammates, Smith finally got fed up and just pushed Big Brave Bob away. I have often thought how embarrassed I was for him that night, I am neither big nor brave but feel sure that I would have shared a cell with big Dunc
rather than be such a spineless [Poor language removed]. Also, can anyone remember how many goals did he score in an Everton shirt against the red [Poor language removed].

points @ Big, Brave, Bitter Mr. Magic and lol

was that the very same an%lfield iron who was felled by a plastic bottle during a European away game?!!!

His goal in the league cup semi final against Bolton away was probably my favourite one of his. I remember McKenzie missing a second half penalty which would have made the rest of the game so much less stressful. One of the lads I was with couldn't stand the stress of watching the penalty and turned his back. He ended up staying like that for the rest of the game. Also I'll never forget Bob's late equaliser at Hillsborough in the first final replay that year. Amazing scenes after that.
Went to that game without a ticket and couldn't get a spare anywhere. Stood outside until the 83rd minute when they opened the gates, then legged it in to catch the last 10 minutes

My first Everton hero big Bob. My favourite memory was probably his hatrick in the 6-0 against Coventry, he missed loads of sitters and still walked off with the ball. He'd never have scored so many goals that season without Dave Thomas, his left peg was like a wand that season.

Status
Not open for further replies.