BOBBY LATCHFORD WALKS ON WATER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha,I had hold of Kingy's right leg(Oh Matron!) at Villa on the pitch when we chaired half the team off,great night that was,still think the world of Kingy,my idol,that goal,fantastic:)
A number of the players (King included I think) came back on to the pitch a few minutes after they'd first left and ended up in the Witton Rd stand (? - the one that ran the length of the touchline) with the supporters. Fantastic night even though I got crushed to hell when the players reappeared because everyone who had started to leave the ground came surging back onto the terracing behind the goal.

Afterwards it was a stop at the first pub to be found off the M6 North. It was on the outskirts of Walsall. Chock full of ecstatic Blues and a great first half an hour in there should really have ended up as a massive stay behind -- until one of our boys decided they'd try and swing from one side of the Bar to the other on one of the ornate chandeliers......

5-0 v Crystal Palace,ball is floated into the Gwladys Street penalty area,Big Bob goes for a volley and connects with Billy Gilbert the Palace centre backs head,the poor lad was lucky he wasn't decapitated!!strange one I know but its always stuck in my mind and made me chucklelol

This is my favourite Big Bob moment too! lol

Remember been a 16yld at an illegal toss school at the back of the swimming baths in Ballyfermot, Dublin. (Don,t rip lads, it,s not what you think)...
But i always recall this arl arse who was losing a fortune with every toss of a coin jump in the air when Bob got his 30 that season..

A proper gambler and tough [Poor language removed] to boot, but when his beloved Everton were on his transistor listening to results we knew all bets were off...........

Think Bob was presented with a spanking new Vauxhall Viva for that goal,,,, ahh good times..

I recall many years ago being told that Latchford was the first Everton player to earn £1000 a week.

Difficult to substantiate now, but does anyone else recall this?

Difficult to chose a favourite, I always loved his second at QPR (the day he scored 4) - first and second both diving headers.

The picture of him celebrating the 30th goal in front of the Gwladys Street, I was directly behind that photographer, right at the front against the wall.

Great memories...

Memories - I was there in the Gwladys Street that day as well - when he scored the penalty, the place went mental. My mates younger brother who was sitting on a barrier was catapulted forward about 10-15ft, and we didn't find him again until 10 minutes after the match finished!

A true legend and my first Everton hero..Happy Birthday Bob.

Big Bob will celebrate his 64th birthday tomorrow. Where does time go? It doesn't seem five minutes since he was banging them goals in week after week.
What would be your most memorable Latchford goal? Mine is the diving header in the FA cup semi final replay defeat at Elland road against the hammers.
Happy birthday Latch, enjoy your day

h_00350796.jpg

...agree with Bally, tremendous diving header at Elland Rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.