BOBBY LATCHFORD WALKS ON WATER

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan ball

Player Valuation: £70m
Big Bob will celebrate his 64th birthday tomorrow. Where does time go? It doesn't seem five minutes since he was banging them goals in week after week.
What would be your most memorable Latchford goal? Mine is the diving header in the FA cup semi final replay defeat at Elland road against the hammers.
Happy birthday Latch, enjoy your day

h_00350796.jpg

5-0 v Crystal Palace,ball is floated into the Gwladys Street penalty area,Big Bob goes for a volley and connects with Billy Gilbert the Palace centre backs head,the poor lad was lucky he wasn't decapitated!!strange one I know but its always stuck in my mind and made me chucklelol

His goal in the league cup semi final against Bolton away was probably my favourite one of his. I remember McKenzie missing a second half penalty which would have made the rest of the game so much less stressful. One of the lads I was with couldn't stand the stress of watching the penalty and turned his back. He ended up staying like that for the rest of the game. Also I'll never forget Bob's late equaliser at Hillsborough in the first final replay that year. Amazing scenes after that.

The penno for the 30th was absolutely mental.
The League Cup Final replay goal at Hillsoborough was ace.
Did not get to the Elland road replay so can't comment on that really.
Looping header against Derby at the mud bath known as the Baseball Ground in the league to put us top I think when media REALLY hated us being up there is right up there with my best Big Bob memories.

His goal in the league cup semi final against Bolton away was probably my favourite one of his. I remember McKenzie missing a second half penalty which would have made the rest of the game so much less stressful. One of the lads I was with couldn't stand the stress of watching the penalty and turned his back. He ended up staying like that for the rest of the game. Also I'll never forget Bob's late equaliser at Hillsborough in the first final replay that year. Amazing scenes after that.
As a kid nights like those made me appreciate the intensity of this clubs support,it was so desperately sad we never won anything at that time.(n)

The penno for the 30th was absolutely mental.
The League Cup Final replay goal at Hillsoborough was ace.
Did not get to the Elland road replay so can't comment on that really.
Looping header against Derby at the mud bath known as the Baseball Ground in the league to put us top I think when media REALLY hated us being up there is right up there with my best Big Bob memories.

I was at each and every one of those games.....great memories :)

Although I don't think the media hated us.

Status
Not open for further replies.