blue bill and rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it's old news. He came back and while it didn't really work out, with a lot of similarity to James's financial weight on the club now, It was good to heal old wounds. I'm not sure we'll get over him having his best years with United mind..

Whether he was forced out or not, it was inevitable. Given the mess we were in and the lack of leadership at the club. (You have to wonder if it's changed). Also when Rooney got in with that parasite Paul Stretford, he sold his soul to the (red) devil. For me that's when Rooney cut his ties with us. At that time.

Doesn't really matter, does it...he's never going to be 17 again.

The likely scenario is if we hadn't been both sh*t and broke then I doubt what transpired still would have because you have to think he wouldn't have wanted to leave if we were crap or have been sold because we were broke.

In the end, both of those issues fall on the club AFAIC.

I appreciate you didn’t say he mortgage, but that was the story doing the rounds at the time. And I’m sorry don’t think there’s a chance in hell he tied up all his money into Everton.

At around that time I seem to remember Bill separates his own business/ income by creating True Blue Holdings. Think at the time it was in case Everton went bust, then debtors couldn't stake a claim on Bill's Theatre business. A wise move really, the way cash strapped Everton were at that time.

Seems a long time ago, we never missed him as much as we thought. At the time, I thought he would be a Maradona 86 type player. Single handedly winning trophies in the blue, but it wasn't to be. Funny how he seems to spend so much time talking about Everton these days. Have United forgotten about him? Seems all a bit sad for him. I can imagine he will fade away after the sack from Derby, then one more try at somewhere like Northwich Victoria. All of the wealth and no adulation, seems sad.

I find it hard to believe, if Rooney was being made to feel so bad about leaving that he or Stretford could keep there mouths shut and allow Rooneys public image to be tarnished at Everton.

Seems a long time ago, we never missed him as much as we thought. At the time, I thought he would be a Maradona 86 type player. Single handedly winning trophies in the blue, but it wasn't to be. Funny how he seems to spend so much time talking about Everton these days. Have United forgotten about him? Seems all a bit sad for him. I can imagine he will fade away after the sack from Derby, then one more try at somewhere like Northwich Victoria. All of the wealth and no adulation, seems sad.
They probably have. For all he did for them, I dont think he will ever be remembered the way Cantona or Ronaldo are at the club, possibly because of his scouse roots. I always think they named a stand after Sir Bobby Charlton just before he broke their goal record because of this - conspiracy theorist me :dance:

Rooney rewriting history, maybe? Is this the bloke who was sued by David Moyes for the lies he told in his book? The same honest and trustworthy guy who has been caught with his pants down cheating on his wife more than once? If you Rooney walked into the room soaking wet and told me it was pouring with rain outside, I'd still go to the window to check for myself.

Hey check this out:

I call him KenWrong

DM.gif

They probably have. For all he did for them, I dont think he will ever be remembered the way Cantona or Ronaldo are at the club, possibly because of his scouse roots. I always think they named a stand after Sir Bobby Charlton just before he broke their goal record because of this - conspiracy theorist me :dance:
The Wayne Rooney Stretford End was never gonna happen in a million years.

Rooney rewriting history, maybe? Is this the bloke who was sued by David Moyes for the lies he told in his book? The same honest and trustworthy guy who has been caught with his pants down cheating on his wife more than once? If you Rooney walked into the room soaking wet and told me it was pouring with rain outside, I'd still go to the window to check for myself.
100% correct , said almost exactly the same in another thread earlier . The idea that he’s the wronged victim in all this just doesn’t sit right with me at all .

Status
Not open for further replies.