Blackpool 2-2 Everton. Saturday 6th November @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate that.

Comments such as yours, and by others like you, are fair enough. It begs the question though as to whether or not any totally negative views should be accepted without question or challenged. Anyway, surely no match thread is complete without an opinion from the other side.

And to think, I only came on here to explain the lyrics of Band of Gold in the other matchday thread!

Stick around mate, it's good to hear views from other clubs' supporters on Everton or on their own club.

I was referring more to the defensive, even hostile, tone you've taken on the forum. We on here deserve a little bit more respect, because we're not dismissing your club in the slightest. Or your fans.
Well considering that hostility, in everyday speech, is normally used as a synonym for anger and aggression I just can't see where you are coming from.

Apart from a possibly circuitous and self-indulgent post #61, since qualified by emphasising that its message doesn't apply to the majority of posters on this thread, I'd like to think that my tone has been conciliatory and reasonable.

Seriously, I'm not here to diss either your club or the true, passionate and sensible people who support it.

Stick around mate, it's good to hear views from other clubs' supporters on Everton or on their own club.
I wouldn't want to overstay that welcome.

In my experience, supporters of other teams have a short shelf-life on club-specific forums. After a while, the locals start wondering why they are still there. :)

I don't see any reason why other clubs' supporters can't productively contribute to the primary club's issues tbh. It's refreshing to hear other points of view.

Great thread.

Football forums are notoriously ineffective at persuading a side to alter its usual strategy on the field of play, but in this case it seems to have come up trumps.

Apparently, at precisely 2.45pm tomorrow Holloway and Moyes will walk onto the pitch accompanied by heralds, trumpeters and various flunkeys. The Blackpool manager will then formally offer his surrender to his illustrious opponent by falling on his ceremonial sword. Following 60 seconds of applause in tribute to the deceased Bloomfield Road supremo (RIP Ollie) a coffin will be brought on to remove his corpse. This act will be a metaphor for the quality of football in Blackpool. Dead. And buried. Literally.

The two teams will then play a 90 minute exhibition match - the result will be immaterial because we've already lost - and the Blackpool faithful will go home drooling with envy at the silky skills of the men in blue.

Highlights on MotD later tomorrow, when an eminent surgeon and hara-kiri pundit will join Gary Lineker to discuss Holloway's surrender technique using slow-motion replays.

I really, really want to see this on MOTD. We may even be on first, with all that going on.

Well considering that hostility, in everyday speech, is normally used as a synonym for anger and aggression I just can't see where you are coming from.

Apart from a possibly circuitous and self-indulgent post #61, since qualified by emphasising that its message doesn't apply to the majority of posters on this thread, I'd like to think that my tone has been conciliatory and reasonable.

Seriously, I'm not here to diss either your club or the true, passionate and sensible people who support it.

Well my first impression of you was actually one of aggression, arrogance and generally misplaced emotions. None of the posters here seem to have a problem with your club, or anything about it really, so I'm not sure why your first post was so... condescending. Hence me saying you were being defensive, because it read like that. Except you were defending your club against implications that were not there.

This was your first post:

Great thread.

Football forums are notoriously ineffective at persuading a side to alter its usual strategy on the field of play, but in this case it seems to have come up trumps.

Apparently, at precisely 2.45pm tomorrow Holloway and Moyes will walk onto the pitch accompanied by heralds, trumpeters and various flunkeys. The Blackpool manager will then formally offer his surrender to his illustrious opponent by falling on his ceremonial sword. Following 60 seconds of applause in tribute to the deceased Bloomfield Road supremo (RIP Ollie) a coffin will be brought on to remove his corpse. This act will be a metaphor for the quality of football in Blackpool. Dead. And buried. Literally.

The two teams will then play a 90 minute exhibition match - the result will be immaterial because we've already lost - and the Blackpool faithful will go home drooling with envy at the silky skills of the men in blue.

Highlights on MotD later tomorrow, when an eminent surgeon and hara-kiri pundit will join Gary Lineker to discuss Holloway's surrender technique using slow-motion replays.

If you can't see any hostility, anger, aggression or any other synonym you want to throw at me in there (or at least that it's condescending), then your posts read nothing like what you're actually thinking, or trying to say.

Anyway, I and most on here don't mind other club supporters on here, so long as they're civil and don't bait us. Take Neville, for example. He's one of the best posters on here, and he's a United fan. So stick around mate, it's a good forum with a good user base. Just try not to be so [insert synonym for hostile here] :p

We got a few fans of other clubs who come on here mate, hope you can stick around like. I really tried to avoid bad Blackpool puns and being condescending in the preview mate, sorry if it can across a bit [Poor language removed] like.

We got a few fans of other clubs who come on here mate, hope you can stick around like. I really tried to avoid bad Blackpool puns and being condescending in the preview mate, sorry if it can across a bit [Poor language removed] like.

I think Big Dipper is finding this forum a bit of a roller coaster ride. We have our ups and downs like any team. Earlier in the season I thought we were hurtling headlong into oblivion.....

I think Big Dipper is finding this forum a bit of a roller coaster ride. We have our ups and downs like any team. Earlier in the season I thought we were hurtling headlong into oblivion.....

Yes, but we were a bunch of donkeys then but since Jagielka become a rock and Distin a tower of strength we've been better.

Yes, but we were a bunch of donkeys then but since Jagielka become a rock and Distin a tower of strength we've been better.

I've heard that when the Yak scores his third tomorrow he gonna whip out a kiss me quick hat, then the team coach is stopping for fish and chips on the prom on the way home.

Status
Not open for further replies.