Bill Kenwright

Bill Kenwright, yeah.

Who was the owner and ultimate decision maker? The fella who brought in Rafael Benitez, forced through signings like Tosun after seeing him play a game of football, oversaw Steve Walsh throwing big money around on crap like Bolasie. I could go on, but the fact is everything that’s happened since Moshiri bought the club is on him. Everything before that was on Bill and that’s fair game.

Remember when everyone was buzzing about Moshiri and the Russian money behind him? Kenwright was nothing but a token chairman then according to some. Now he’s dead he’s become responsible for all of Everton’s ills. Bizarre
A post written by a kopite and liked by a kopite. Go figure eh!

I'll admit my tongue took some biting after his death, but I'd say the stress of where the club is at now probably prevents that unfortunaltely. In terms of him being a public figure I couldn't stand the fella and now being lumbered with this 777 madness largely because of his crazy loans with phillip green it certainly comes bubbling up along with moshiri and the prem.

It might be better to close, though it might also be my only venting point right now!
Totally get the venting, for me, the whole debacle, added with VAR nonsense has genuinely turned me off the game to an extent. I'm not sure how I feel about Bill tbh, I just can't agree with name calling him when he's gone.

Bellew is a shrewd operator. I would wager he has his eye on a ‘nominee’ board seat in some capacity.

Keeps him relevant not to mention sitting in the directors box in BMD as well as GP for what’s left of her. A slippery one is Tony.
remember he said after his last fight we’d never see him again and he just wants to disappear away from the limelight , the new breed of professional scouser him

I am the only one who finds it really distasteful slagging off a recently deceased old bloke who supported the club his whole life? Maybe I'm old fashioned but it doesn't sit comfortable.
It's not slagging off, it's just calling someone out for being a pathological liar, and a vain narcissist who's incompetence in his position has led to the possible destruction of a beloved institution.

I hope i don't cause offence with the following remarks, but i couldn't give one flying big one with regards to what sits comfortable with you or not.

What that man did to this club doesn't sit well with me either. Ah yes the he supported the club his whole life spiel. Just give it a rest mate.

Kenwright probably did love Everton in some warped way, it's just that being the pathetic narcissist that he was he loved himself even more.

This thread should be locked
He’s dead and gone

Out of respect to his family his supporters and also out of respect to the fans who don’t have anything positive it’s a pointless thread and will just cause division amongst us
You can close as many threads as you like. The position we're in right now is his legacy. No amount of thread closures will change that fact.

For as long as we have to suffer the fallout from the Kenwright regime at this club, that division amongst us will always be there.

That division between the people who know the truth, who accept the truth and the fawning apologists with their revisionist history nonsense.

Can't stand Simon Jordan but I accept the post maybe sounded a bit 'preachy'. I don't claim to be a massive Bill fan (I don't think any actually exist) I just cringe that this thread remains open and people call him names. Personally, I would have liked it closed after his death.
Unfortunately the damage he has done will linger a long time after his death.

remember he said after his last fight we’d never see him again and he just wants to disappear away from the limelight , the new breed of professional scouser him

He makes little of the club with some of his remarks. Putting relegation battles on some sort of night to remember pedestal is belittling Everton

.What the mindset is for people inside the club I can’t say for sure but if this is the kind of thought process that has gone on over the years then it explains a lot.

I don’t understand it frankly, it’s contradictory to what is supposed to be a big club.

I’d go as far to say it’s gaslighting and long term you run the risk of losing numbers of future generations of fans the longer you become irrelevant and placate failure.

Inappropriate Language
I am the only one who finds it really distasteful slagging off a recently deceased old bloke who supported the club his whole life? Maybe I'm old fashioned but it doesn't sit comfortable.
I would think it is right to allow people to have an opinion that he was the worst chairman in the history of the club. (I think it is proven now without a shadow of doubt) He was in the shotgun seat beside moshiri driving the club into the shiteheap it is now in and mocked the fans who questioned him. Supporters who adore the club have a right to voice that, kenwright dead or alive.

Can't stand Simon Jordan but I accept the post maybe sounded a bit 'preachy'. I don't claim to be a massive Bill fan (I don't think any actually exist) I just cringe that this thread remains open and people call him names. Personally, I would have liked it closed after his death.

It's a bit rich of you to be 'cringing' at people for expressing their continued anger towards BK and claiming that it lacks class. Your profile name is basically a mickey-take of somebody's incurable condition that's related to his nervous system.

Out of respect to his family his supporters and also out of respect to the fans who don’t have anything positive it’s a pointless thread and will just cause division amongst us
They're partially responsible.

People have been warning fellow Evertonians about 'Chairman Bill' for years, only to get varying degrees of pushback from the majority until relatively recently.

The fact that we had a split in the fanbase made any successful protest against the board and running of the club a near impossibe task.

Some of us have been calling out his bollocks and lies for years and years. We don't feel vindicated today, we're just sad the majority ignored the warnings that were there in plain sight.

This refusal by many to accept facts about 'Blue Bill' gave journalists an easy cop out to ignore what was going on at Everton. I mean, Kenwright only has the club's best interests at heart, right? RIGHT?
Totally get the venting, for me, the whole debacle, added with VAR nonsense has genuinely turned me off the game to an extent. I'm not sure how I feel about Bill tbh, I just can't agree with name calling him when he's gone.
People name called him when he was alive too. I don't really see it makes a blind bit of difference. It's not as if he's going to log in, read it and feel all offended.

Same goes for the lovely Jenny. She's not browsing GOT hoping for some nice anecdotes about her beloved Bill.

I generally try to keep things respectful but it's a genuine challenge at times. The fact he's gone and won't ever have to answer for the shitshow he presided over is classic Kenwright. That really annoys me. As does people still giving him credit for things he had very little input on.

"Bramley Moore! What a legacy of Kenwrights reign!!!"

We'd have potentially been on the Waterfront in the city centre for the past 15 years had he not been so selfish. We were also a government planning review away from being relocated to a retail park outside of the city because he was in hock to 'great friends of Everton.'

He got through his entire tenure as chairman without any serious scrutiny from the media.

His epitaph if I'd written it would read:

As slippery in death as he was in life. Perfect timing.

Unfortunately, he was not a supporter he was a Chairman, a director and at one stage owner. He failed in all three. He was incredibly sentimental and supportive of all employees but not ruthless enough to drive the business forward in a manner which lead to sustained success.

He felt he was in a position to advise Carlo Ancellotti!!!!!!!!!!!!