Bill Kenwright

Out of respect I think we should do

1 minutes applause
Then 1 minutes silence
Followed by 1 minute of vigorous booing
Ending with a 1 minute dance sequence from CATS

All bases covered then

Whatever is decided the best thing to do, let's abide by that tonight and like @Mikey_Fitzgerald mentioned, don't give anyone the chance to tarnish the reputation of Evertonians any more than it has been since Headlockgate

Oliver Holt: ‘He was my mums friend’. Now we know how you got your job in ‘Journalism’ . No mark. Daily Mail. 😁
But can you imagine the bile and vitriole that he'll spew out from today onwards. He's one of a few that will display us as the worst of the worst making Millwall look like choir boys.

As an aside, it's less about convincing those players, and more about the fact Everton will likely need the money.

Which does link back to what Kenwright did wrong as a chairman, of course.
Not sure. Obviously we need money but as we well know it's about much more than that.
Bill must have been brilliant at mgt of actors etc. Footballers are a diff breed. They may have loved him too but maybe he was too much of a fan of Everton.
I always go back to the Rooney transfer. Maybe a diff type of chairman would have turned his head, and heart, back around.

Last edited:
IMG_6884.jpeg

If you're going tonight then please act respectfully to the 1 minute silence/applause/whatever tribute the club has planned

Firstly, it's just a considerate way to behave

Secondly, the usual suspects will be sharpening their knives looking for an excuse to run a "Everton fans ruin tribute" hit piece, so please be smart and don't give them any ammunition

I will clap if it's applause and I'll be silent if it is silence. Not because I liked what he has done to the club but like it or not he has done a lot for people in need like Bradley, various donations like Ukraine and how he has built up EitC to help the people of Liverpool and alike.

I'm sure he was a very nice bloke away from the club and clearly loved talking about Everton and putting the RS down which is what a good Evertonian should do.

The majority of our fanbase showed class for the minute silence when the queen died. Those that wanted too stayed silent and those that disapproved remained on the concourse until it was over.

Hope the same happens this evening. Wasn't a fan of Bills at all, but show respect for the 1 minute this evening and his involvement at the club is over and we move forward.

I will clap if it's applause and I'll be silent if it is silence. Not because I liked what he has done to the club but like it or not he has done a lot for people in need like Bradley, various donations like Ukraine and how he has built up EitC to help the people of Liverpool and alike.

I'm sure he was a very nice bloke away from the club and clearly loved talking about Everton and putting the RS down which is what a good Evertonian should do.
Yep, reckon only Everton could be lucky enough and unlucky enough to have a chairman like Bill.
He represented the club well in so many ways that matter. Everton that.

Not sure. Obviously we need money but as we well know it's about much more than that.
Bill must have been brilliant at mgt of actors etc. Footballers are a diff breed. They may have loved him too but maybe he was too much of a fan of Everton.
I always go back to the Rooney transfer. Maybe a diff type of chairman would have turned his head, and heart, back around.
And not got his mother to cry down the phone to Alex Ferguson…how embarrassing on top of the relative buttons we accepted for Rooney

It's as much about respect for the family as for the deceased really. The majority of people have some shades of grey in their lives rather than living at an extreme of good or bad.

People have different opinions and they're entitled to them. Death will knock at every family's door and an act of respect is just showing due solidarity with the family in their time of need.

It's been a week, are we allowed to slate him as one of the worst things that ever happened to this club yet or do we still have to wait for more platitudes and moral policing?

Yes, he was a blue who passed away and that's sad but it doesn't change his legacy for me.

A legacy of failure to progress, lies told to and about supporters, dodgy financing deals for his pals that have hamstrung the club for decades.

That's Bill Kenwright to me.
Wait until the funeral is over and the last bit of bunloaf has been ate at his wake.