Bill Kenwright

I haven't seen the Holt article you mentioned. I have never taken to that little snide, but from your reaction he seems to blaming the fans generally, which seems to be the media default when it comes to Everton fans.

That is why I am dismayed when I read some of the more outrageous anti-Kenwright posts, because you know it will be seized upon and exaggerated by the RS friendly media. I wanted him to pack up years ago, but I don't see any point in keeping up the animosity.
You really ought to read it. I'm sure someone with the expertise could load it on here but just look up on Google and you'll find it. Just make sure you've got a sick bag at the ready.

I'm of the opinion that all human life should be respected. We're all lucky to be here and a lot of us are fortunate to live lives where one of our main concerns is a football club, and not whether we'll make it from one day to the next without a bomb dropping on us.

So yeah, I can show respect to him and his family without thinking he was some shining beacon of brilliance, it ain't hard.

Respecting all Human life isn't the same as having to show respect to all individuals. Should we respect Jimmy Saville? Of course not! That "respect" isn't automatic, it is earned. Nor do you have to be an "evil" tyrant to forfeit that. I reserve the right to make my own judgement and/or not being forced into an act of hypocrisy just because he never "bombed" anybody.

Respecting all Human life isn't the same as having to show respect to all individuals. Should we respect Jimmy Saville? Of course not! That "respect" isn't automatic, it is earned. Nor do you have to be an "evil" tyrant to forfeit that. I reserve the right to make my own judgement and/or not being forced into an act of hypocrisy just because he never "bombed" anybody.
👏👏👏

Appreciate people don't want a statue but it's hardly going to kill anyone to clap for an Evertonian who seemingly died of cancer complications - maybe some comfort to his family.

The hatchet might as well be buried with him for all it matters now.

Anyway, each to their own.

I mean, this isn't really a comparison.

I've already said - it's not like BK was evil. I'm pretty sure Saville, and similar complete freaks, fall into the 'evil camp'. That kind of goes without saying.

Appreciate people don't want a statue but it's hardly going to kill anyone to clap for an Evertonian who seemingly died of cancer complications - maybe some comfort to his family.

The hatchet might as well be buried with him for all it matters now.

Anyway, each to their own.
Nobody has said it's going to kill them, they just don't want to be forced into showing false appreciation for a man who was a disaster to this football club for over three decades

As for the hatchet being buried with him that's exactly what's a sticking point for most people.

He held on to power until his very last day, he spent the last year of his life waging a public relations war with supporters after having sold us to dodgy people who would let him keep his chairman position.

If you want to clap for that then go ahead.

I mean, this isn't really a comparison.

I've already said - it's not like BK was evil. I'm pretty sure Saville, and similar complete freaks, fall into the 'evil camp'. That kind of goes without saying.

I never made a comparison. You said ALL humans deserve respect. I simply showed that is patently nonsense.

No-one said he was evil. However, he was a serial liar who repeatedly acted in own best interests and to the detriment of our football club. I don't see how that should now command any respect.

I never made a comparison. You said ALL humans deserve respect. I simply showed that is patently nonsense.

No-one said he was evil. However, he was a serial liar who repeatedly acted in own best interests and to the detriment of our football club. I don't see how that should now command any respect.
Because he's dead ?? Just basic decency really

Think we are all finding out why Bill and Co were protected so much and scrutiny never took place over all these years, media friends who were quite happy to lie about things and hide the truth.