Bill Kenwright

So far we’ve had Joe Anderson and Ollie Holt blaming us for Bills death. We’ll probably have to endure things like this for a little while longer
I'm relieved that someone else has read that Holt offering.
I was stunned into silence reading that, especially the bit about me being part of the reason that he died.
Unless I missed it I didn't see the bit where Holt, seeing as he was almost family, asked Bill to shut the likes of me up by providing the evidence of the DBB headlock.
So even after passing the bad blood is still there.

I only met him once, during trying circumstances for my family, and in those circumstances he was friendly and compassionate without any of the trademark luvviness of his public persona.

He seems to have been a complicated character, with some good and some bad traits (possibly magnified by his business dealings), but on that personal level I found him likeable and approachable so I can see both sides of other people's views of him.

Objectively, he wasn't a successful chairman and it all ended in rancour and bitterness. Over the last few years I felt his interaction with the fans was poorly judged and divisive, but I still can't understand the level of hate projected by a tiny minority. I have read some really atrocious stuff since his death which does us all a disservice.

Anyway, the least we can do now is show some dignity and respect for another human being whose time has passed.
Your last sentence should be the overriding factor now.

Your last sentence should be the overriding factor now.
I haven't seen the Holt article you mentioned. I have never taken to that little snide, but from your reaction he seems to blaming the fans generally, which seems to be the media default when it comes to Everton fans.

That is why I am dismayed when I read some of the more outrageous anti-Kenwright posts, because you know it will be seized upon and exaggerated by the RS friendly media. I wanted him to pack up years ago, but I don't see any point in keeping up the animosity.

Holt's article is utter claptrap.
We all know Bill was a huge fan just as we all are. To paint him as Holt has does a huge disservice to the actual facts of his role of Chairman over the last few years. I firmly believe that Bill wanted the best for us and tried to do that. Unfortunately, he is also partly responsible for the outcome. There is no disguising that fact either. We should acknowledge the man did his best and let him rest in peace. That's the best tribute we can pay.

Man, I have been impressed at how, as a fan base, we have all reacted to Kenwrights death. No matter what you thought of his tenure at the club, it's clear one of our own had lost a battle with cancer. Pretty much everyone showed respect, kept angry reactions in check, and honored Kenwright as a person.
It actually seemed like there might be some healing in the fan base.
Then this Holt piece comes out, all angry and bitter at the Everton fan base and it feels a bit like a slap in the face.
I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories but this does strike me as wanting the fan base divided to get more clicks.
For shame.

Man, I have been impressed at how, as a fan base, we have all reacted to Kenwrights death. No matter what you thought of his tenure at the club, it's clear one of our own had lost a battle with cancer. Pretty much everyone showed respect, kept angry reactions in check, and honored Kenwright as a person.
It actually seemed like there might be some healing in the fan base.
Then this Holt piece comes out, all angry and bitter at the Everton fan base and it feels a bit like a slap in the face.
I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories but this does strike me as wanting the fan base divided to get more clicks.
For shame.
Evertonians kept their mouths shut out of respect.

Holt has shown no respect for that basic humanity and decency and has chosen to exploit it for his own political ends.

The period of mourning is, therefore, now over. Never forget: it wasn't Evertonians who forced this debate open. But now that Holt has chosen to do so, battle will most certainly be joined.

It's been a week, are we allowed to slate him as one of the worst things that ever happened to this club yet or do we still have to wait for more platitudes and moral policing?

Yes, he was a blue who passed away and that's sad but it doesn't change his legacy for me.

A legacy of failure to progress, lies told to and about supporters, dodgy financing deals for his pals that have hamstrung the club for decades.

That's Bill Kenwright to me.

Kenwright saved us from Peter Johnson.! They were dark days! He had no real money to put in the club. We were nearly going out of business then! He got Moyes in which gave us stability & some good moments . Then found us the billionaire we all wanted with undercover backing from Usmanov. Moshiri as owner made his own decisions who knows whether he overuled Kenwright. To blame Kenwright for all what went wrong is laughable! His heart was in Everton!

Go back 100 pages and everyone agreed he was doing damage to this club.

Now he's passed he was a Saint we should all pray to for the return of Good Times.
Not for me mate.

After a time has passed where we have some decorum in our behaviour for a fellow blue who's just died the analysis can begin as far as I'm concerned, and I'll be joining in.

I've described his impact on Everton as as bad or worse than John Houlding and I'll argue that again...just not now.