Bill Kenwright

Ha Ha.....doing the Everton bootwalk...remember that one,seriously scary to 10 year old seeing the boys pen,watching them hanging off the wire fence liked hyped up chimps.My older brother who first took me to games used to threaten me with putting me in there if i didn't show enough enthusiam for him taking me......bit like a North Korea dictator...
None of the young ones will rem

None of the young ones will remember it
I was walking down Lime St.swnging my chain, I met this cockney and I asked him his name, I kicked him in the frollicks and I stabbed him in the head, now that cockney is dead.
Diddle la la la la la la la. etc. for several more verses of savagery. Ha ha I'd forgotten the boot walk. I was a Gwladys st boy by then though my last time in the pen was 1967.

On Bill Kenright while not knowing him personally i have a connection through my brother in law who is his Uncle Frank's stepson having
married his mother.
It was his Uncle Frank who first took him the game and made him a blue,think the Uncle Cyril's handlebars referred to our more likely to be his Uncle Franks who was massive blue who i did get to know,he was a plasterer who gave me some cash in hand labouring work when i was skint.He done the plastering in the 1st house i bought even though he was retired by then.
I obviously knew his connection to Bill Kenwright though that became more relevant few years later and he sadly passed away in 1994.I didn't go the funeral but my sister and brother in law told me Bill Kenwright gave the eulogy and that most of it was based on him taking him the match memories and making him the blue he is.
My point is i get the vitriol towards him and the board,i want him gone as much as anyone,what i don't get is the he isn't an Evertonian,closet kopite,red under the bed nonsense,he's a deluded egotist,liar,drama queen.......but he is an Evertonian

I was walking down Lime St.swnging my chain, I met this cockney and I asked him his name, I kicked him in the frollicks and I stabbed him in the head, now that cockney is dead.
Diddle la la la la la la la. etc. for several more verses of savagery. Ha ha I'd forgotten the boot walk. I was a Gwladys st boy by then though my last time in the pen was 1967.
St end myself.
Everbody push back , gap opens .
Some soft get always walked into it,
oh look there is a nice place to stand suddenly .
Then doing the Everton bootwalk starts, at the end na na getting quicker and louder, bouncing up and down, then a mass surge downwards towards the victims , only stopped by a barrier, anything or anybody in the way got either took along with the surge if lucky, got smashed against the barrier, or even worse fell over, ( you had nil chance of getting up) then they would boot hell out of you, unless someone either knew you or took pity on you,.
You either picked yourself up , licked your wounds and sulked off, or joined the ranks and waited for the next victims which was considered good form.
Worse thing anybody could do is get up and shout the odds and get angry(, which thinking about it was the natural thing to do,) as if your face wasn't known everybody and I mean everyone would boot you all over the show.
Never failed to amuse me every week someone would always fall for it.
Sort of a right of passage if you wanted to stand with the lads at the time in the 70's.
Different times , different age
We would all be locked up before kickoff time these days and grassed up more than likely.
Handy if someone was getting on your nerves a little trip and a sly boot and you could watch the fun begin.

On Bill Kenright while not knowing him personally i have a connection through my brother in law who is his Uncle Frank's stepson having
married his mother.
It was his Uncle Frank who first took him the game and made him a blue,think the Uncle Cyril's handlebars referred to our more likely to be his Uncle Franks who was massive blue who i did get to know,he was a plasterer who gave me some cash in hand labouring work when i was skint.He done the plastering in the 1st house i bought even though he was retired by then.
I obviously knew his connection to Bill Kenwright though that became more relevant few years later and he sadly passed away in 1994.I didn't go the funeral but my sister and brother in law told me Bill Kenwright gave the eulogy and that most of it was based on him taking him the match memories and making him the blue he is.
My point is i get the vitriol towards him and the board,i want him gone as much as anyone,what i don't get is the he isn't an Evertonian,closet kopite,red under the bed nonsense,he's a deluded egotist,liar,drama queen.......but he is an Evertonian
Don't know anything about Bill, but his dad was a Blue absolute gentleman as well.
Used to come through work at the time, really dead nice fella.

ACA45DD7-62DF-4A6A-A9FC-D8A995D9707F.png

Just picked my Everton Way brick - hope you like it @4737carlin mate.

married his mother.
yea, never doubted he was a passionate fan. That makes the whole thing so much harder.
He'd have gone ages ago if he wasn't.

St end myself.
Everbody push back , gap opens .
Some soft get always walked into it,
oh look there is a nice place to stand suddenly .
Then doing the Everton bootwalk starts, at the end na na getting quicker and louder, bouncing up and down, then a mass surge downwards towards the victims , only stopped by a barrier, anything or anybody in the way got either took along with the surge if lucky, got smashed against the barrier, or even worse fell over, ( you had nil chance of getting up) then they would boot hell out of you, unless someone either knew you or took pity on you,.
You either picked yourself up , licked your wounds and sulked off, or joined the ranks and waited for the next victims which was considered good form.
Worse thing anybody could do is get up and shout the odds and get angry(, which thinking about it was the natural thing to do,) as if your face wasn't known everybody and I mean everyone would boot you all over the show.
Never failed to amuse me every week someone would always fall for it.
Sort of a right of passage if you wanted to stand with the lads at the time in the 70's.
Different times , different age
We would all be locked up before kickoff time these days and grassed up more than likely.
Handy if someone was getting on your nerves a little trip and a sly boot and you could watch the fun begin.
Knees up mother brown was the best one for that. Ha ha, mad times

Just had a good chuckle. Found an old article from Bills sponsored supporters club (The Echo) around the time Paul Gregg was agitating for a shake up at Goodison.

The Echo did a short profile of the two men.....

PAUL GREGG>

Lives:> Oxford

Career:> Founded Apollo Leisure Empire in 1977, after borrowing the then huge sum of #25,000 to buy the New Theatre in Oxford.

Sold the group in 1999 for #126m - confirming his position as one of Britain's richest men.

Formed True Blue Holdings with pal Bill Kenwright in 1999.

Has no interest in the game itself and did not attend a single game at Goodison last season.

So.... A successful businessman, one of Britains wealthiest. Then two knife twists (betrayal of his 'pal' and (ironically) his non-attendance of matches

Here's what they wrote about Bill.

BILL KENWRIGHT>

>

Lives:> London

Career: >Originally an actor, featuring in Coronation Street, ZCars and early Carry On films, Kenwright turned to producing his own theatre productions with great success.

Hits included Joseph and his Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat, Blood Brothers and Shirley Valentine.

So, a jobbing actor turned theatre producer. No measurable proof of his business acumen, but hey, at least he didn't start an unhelpful squabble with his pal!

Thank God for journalists like Joe Thomas who are finally challenging some of the guff coming out of Goodison.