Bill Kenwright

IMO Bill is the biggest problem at the club. He's more involved in the day today than Moshiri and I know some will disagree but here's my biggest thought.

Moshiri is as lunatic but he's a somewhat controllable lunatic if you can get smart football people around him to wrangle him. Much like Tesla did with Elon Musk (no not comparing their intelligence)

Bill cannot be wrangled by football people because he believes he IS a football person. In his mind he's on the same level with other chairmen and DOF. Getting him out will help us massively until we can eventually get a new owner.

'Kenwright, according to those who know him, continues to believe that Everton would simply sink on Moshiri's solo watch.

'Bill has a belief perhaps bordering on arrogance that he can still save the club from itself', said one long-term ally.

'Farhad likes big gestures. He can be impetuous. Bill thinks he needs to be there to temper them and gets frustrated that fans can't see this. Some think Bill feels guilty, that he feels he sold to the wrong person. I haven't heard him say that.

'He does have an insane love for the club but also for the limelight, even when that focus is bad.

'He loves the glory of being in the middle of a grand old football club, even one as broken and divided as this one. It's like a drug to him but it's one he needs to kick for his own sake.'

And there you have it. For anyone who thinks that BK isn't de facto running this football club despite not having the overall power, the bolded bits tell you everything you need to know.

'Kenwright, according to those who know him, continues to believe that Everton would simply sink on Moshiri's solo watch.

'Bill has a belief perhaps bordering on arrogance that he can still save the club from itself', said one long-term ally.

'Farhad likes big gestures. He can be impetuous. Bill thinks he needs to be there to temper them and gets frustrated that fans can't see this. Some think Bill feels guilty, that he feels he sold to the wrong person. I haven't heard him say that.

'He does have an insane love for the club but also for the limelight, even when that focus is bad.

'He loves the glory of being in the middle of a grand old football club, even one as broken and divided as this one. It's like a drug to him but it's one he needs to kick for his own sake.'

And there you have it. For anyone who thinks that BK isn't de facto running this football club despite not having the overall power, the bolded bits tell you everything you need to know.

100% this. For all his faults, all Moshiri has really done in all this is entrust vast sums of his money to his board of Directors who have then wasted it on utter rubbish.

I genuinely believe Moshiri has taken a backseat over the last 18 months to show everyone that he is not the one making the decisions, he is just funding them. That is why he said sacking Lampard wasn't his decision. Boards of Directors run businesses day to day, not majority shareholders....

Kenwright has been the one constant in 27 trophyless years. I bet anyone we win something within 5 years of him leaving (whenever that is). For those that don't see it, Kenwright is the traditionalist, Moshiri is the one trying to advance our club. He has invested into the infrastructure, facilities and a new stadium. Kenwright on the other hand is stuck in the past and won't detach his ego from the club. Until he does, the tough times will remain...

100% this. For all his faults, all Moshiri has really done in all this is entrust vast sums of his money to his board of Directors who have then wasted it on utter rubbish.

I genuinely believe Moshiri has taken a backseat over the last 18 months to show everyone that he is not the one making the decisions, he is just funding them. That is why he said sacking Lampard wasn't his decision. Boards of Directors run businesses day to day, not majority shareholders....

Kenwright has been the one constant in 27 trophyless years. I bet anyone we win something within 5 years of him leaving (whenever that is). For those that don't see it, Kenwright is the traditionalist, Moshiri is the one trying to advance our club. He has invested into the infrastructure, facilities and a new stadium. Kenwright on the other hand is stuck in the past and won't detach his ego from the club. Until he does, the tough times will remain...
So he has taken a back seat over the last 18 months, that's nice, after meddling and interfering and generally taking us backwards over the previous four or 5 years.
Nice leaving card too, Rafael, Rondon and FFP

Everything is under control, last few weeks have been rocky, but there's a positive vibe heading our way

Positive vibe ?‍♂️ not with Bill Kenwright at the club. The media beginning to uncover the truth

Wait till they uncover the truth about the "Headlock gate" lies

"The review was conducted by the very same board who are responsible for Everton’s implosion. Their problems could have been identified quicker with a mirror."

"Bill has his acolytes on the board,' explains a former Everton insider.

'Barrett-Baxendale and Sharpe are his people. They are not going to say no to him. This gives Bill a significant degree of operating control.' Another source is more forthright.

'Kenwright and Barrett-Baxendale speak about ten times a day,' he says, with exaggeration.

'He sings her praises and she sings them back. They are in their own bubble."

Even worse is that there is now a split and we have 2 factions competing for the running of the club.

In the blue corner we have the owner Moshiri who seems to be on his own attempting to exert his authority but is being overruled by...

In the red corner we have the board led by W Kenwright backed by his appointees DBB and Sharp who seem to have the final say on important decisions.

We have seen the evidence of this over recent times especially with the last few managerial appointments.

It's no wonder the club is in an embarassing mess and lacks direction and a coherent and strataegic plan when you have all this going on. And the culmination of it all looks to be relegation to the Championship.

Even worse is that there is now a split and we have 2 factions competing for the running of the club.

In the blue corner we have the owner Moshiri who seems to be on his own attempting to exert his authority but is being overruled by...

In the red corner we have the board led by W Kenwright backed by his appointees DBB and Sharp who seem to have the final say on important decisions.
Moshiri has too be over ruled when he keeps making stupid decisions, since he has been here I don't think he has got a single thing right.