Should Kenwright step down as chairman?

• yes

Votes: 734 90.0%
  • no

Votes: 82 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenwright has set the club up for faliure, you don't need cash rich owners to achieve sucess:

- Benfica have an excellent academy which has generated around £1 billion of player sales in recent times whilst we produce garbage.
- Dortmund attract players looking to make the jump to first team football, give them a chance and sell for big money whilst Thiery Small thinks he has a better chance of making it at Southampton.
- Ajax appoint managers who fit their style, we fit our style to whatever manager we fancy bringing in.
- Atleti sign players who's value will rise whilst at the clubs, our players mostly depreciate.

Why? They have have philosophies which they stick to and recruit people who can deliver on them whilst our hierachy don't have a clue what they're trying to achieve and recruit their mates to try and deliver that.

He's still got his weird acolytes out there. Its thankfully dwindling and has almost gone on here but on twitter and Facebook he's still got people defending him. I don't know what hold he's got on some people. He's totally and utterly blameless to these losers, if they caught him shaggig their birds tomorrow they'd probably apologise for the draught in the house, tell him to take his time and ask him to tell the story about the boys pen again after he's finished before offering him a life home.......

Go look at his interviews, stadium failures like Kirkby, the pile of junk he wanted to build next to a tesco. Maybe his heart is in the right place, but this isn’t some kind of theatre production where you get to write down your fantasies and they’re played out in front of you. We are literally like a pantomime horse right now, not knowing which way our head is going from our arse.

Just out of interest did you ever find ‘The peoples club’ or ‘knives to a gunfight’ as something that should be associated with a professional football club? Or how about Big Dunc, or Unsworth, are they modern day Everton legends? I find it all kind of amateurish, in fact it’s kind of embarrassing at times.

Clubs smaller than us have and are going to continue winning stuff before we do because they are being run professionally from top to bottom. It rubs off on everybody at the club, from the lowly janitor to the players on the pitch. It’s something I just don’t see at our club.

I’m not blaming Kenwright entirely for this, but yes he is a big part of the problem. If he leaves which I doubt, I wish him all the best.
Agree with most of that Frenk, but count me out of your last six words.

Go look at his interviews, stadium failures like Kirkby, the pile of junk he wanted to build next to a tesco. Maybe his heart is in the right place, but this isn’t some kind of theatre production where you get to write down your fantasies and they’re played out in front of you. We are literally like a pantomime horse right now, not knowing which way our head is going from our arse.

Just out of interest did you ever find ‘The peoples club’ or ‘knives to a gunfight’ as something that should be associated with a professional football club? Or how about Big Dunc, or Unsworth, are they modern day Everton legends? I find it all kind of amateurish, in fact it’s kind of embarrassing at times.

Clubs smaller than us have and are going to continue winning stuff before we do because they are being run professionally from top to bottom. It rubs off on everybody at the club, from the lowly janitor to the players on the pitch. It’s something I just don’t see at our club.

I’m not blaming Kenwright entirely for this, but yes he is a big part of the problem. If he leaves which I doubt, I wish him all the best.
some very good points in there, well said!

The man is a closet Liverpool FC fan. But Everton was his way in with influence and it accelerated quickly. He didn't take any interest in the seventies and eighties. Graham Stuart is one of his idols, that tells us quite a bit. He has made a fortune out of us, and fair play to him, he got the chance to write his own history, as the greatest living Evertonian. My take is I hate what that man has done to our club. He continues to live out his own personal pantomime and makes us a laughing stock. I really hope he goes very soon and don't care which way.

Status
Not open for further replies.