Should Kenwright step down as chairman?

• yes

Votes: 734 90.0%
  • no

Votes: 82 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember Trevor Birch being highly regarded.

I believe he had been instrumental in getting Abramovic to Chelsea and left and then came to us.

He walked out the same summer and the writing was on the wall. I don’t think people actually wanted to take note of Kenwright and his nonsense, because we’ll, everyone wants that fairy tale that a blue can lead us to success.

But he’s literally through the years refused to let go. If I was the owner of Everton and I knew someone else could do something better, even though im a staunch Evertonian, im doing it, because what’s most paramount is not myself but every blue who goes week in, week out.

He’s a parasite.
If I’m not mistaken Trevor Birch only lasted about six weeks, he’d seen enough to know he couldn’t change what needed to be changed, it was that obvious to him. I loathe Kenwright, the former owner and now chairman of Everton FC, but if stays or goes it makes little difference now, the damage has been done through his negligence in running the club since he bought it all those years ago and all the evidence is there with the lies and deceit in black and white, we all know them, some just refuse to admit the damage he has caused.

Go look at his interviews, stadium failures like Kirkby, the pile of junk he wanted to build next to a tesco. Maybe his heart is in the right place, but this isn’t some kind of theatre production where you get to write down your fantasies and they’re played out in front of you. We are literally like a pantomime horse right now, not knowing which way our head is going from our arse.

Just out of interest did you ever find ‘The peoples club’ or ‘knives to a gunfight’ as something that should be associated with a professional football club? Or how about Big Dunc, or Unsworth, are they modern day Everton legends? I find it all kind of amateurish, in fact it’s kind of embarrassing at times.

Clubs smaller than us have and are going to continue winning stuff before we do because they are being run professionally from top to bottom. It rubs off on everybody at the club, from the lowly janitor to the players on the pitch. It’s something I just don’t see at our club.

I’m not blaming Kenwright entirely for this, but yes he is a big part of the problem. If he leaves which I doubt, I wish him all the best.

Absolutely mate . I thought when you said how he operates it was from personal experience or something, I misread what you said . I have read and heard all the quotes, witnessed the montonous state of the club over the years.

I don’t like him at all, I make no apologies for it either. The club is farcical , has a completely backward mentality to what a successful club should be. A bunch of self interested fakes, phoneys feeding their egos at the expense of Everton itself.

We were a well respected club through the 80’s even in the early 90’s. Then Kenwright started having a bigger say and dealing with other clubs directly. In particular around transfers.

He made the club a laughing stock with his negotiations, quoting Shakespeare.

And then there is him dealing with United, Alex Ferguson and David Gill when we sold Rooney.

Crying in front of Ferguson and Gill. Then getting his mum on the phone to shout at Alex Ferguson.

Ferguson talked about it in one of his books. Said he had never seen anything like it in 40 years of football. Him and Gill just sat there looking at each other thing wtf is this.

He’s got to go if this clubs wants to go anywhere.

As the appointment of Benitez proved, Kenwright has no power in the club anymore. So my anger is reserved for Benitez and Moshiri.
He has enough power .hence why unsworth is still at the club . Why jevons, Chadwick, Jeffers and Baxter are giving roles at the club .

brands was meant to be overhauling the academy and 23’s yet has been blocked by the old boys club and wasters like Jeffers and the Baxter’s of the world are given jobs at the club instead of the best possible people for the role. If we are that concerned in helping ex players why not give them roles at EITC?

The first team , the academy and 23’s have all regressed.

If I’m not mistaken Trevor Birch only lasted about six weeks, he’d seen enough to know he couldn’t change what needed to be changed, it was that obvious to him. I loathe Kenwright, the former owner and now chairman of Everton FC, but if stays or goes it makes little difference now, the damage has been done through his negligence in running the club since he bought it all those years ago and all the evidence is there with the lies and deceit in black and white, we all know them, some just refuse to admit the damage he has caused.

Yeah, Birch has actually came out and said IIRC and said he advised Kenwright to sell and Kenwright said he wouldn’t.

So he felt his role was basically irrelevant, so he got out, and quickly at that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.