Should Kenwright step down as chairman?

• yes

Votes: 734 90.0%
  • no

Votes: 82 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The inexorable damage he's done to this club is mind-blowing, and it would have been even worse if he'd got his way with that disgusting Kirkby fiasco.

There is no depth he wouldn't stoop to in order to maintain his role of a lifetime, which is why we've ended up in a situation where one of the great institutions of English football has been destroyed and rebuilt in his image. Then, to top it all off, after his spiel about being the best salesman we could ask for, the flagrant lies that he told in regard to Green/Earl put us being in thrall to a pair of cartoon bunglers who were treated with the contempt they deserve by Arsenal.

During his hobnobbing with Levy, he might have looked at how Tottenham (hardly a giant of the game themselves) managed to keep hold of Kane all this time, and reflect on the circumstances he contrived that saw us lose Rooney in a manner so pathetic, it effectively signalled that we would never sit at the top table ever again.

Inappropriate Language
Agent Bill strikes again.

The fact that this utter train wreak of a chairman put his name on everything he could from the historical history pictures around the stadium to naming a player's award after himself, you know he wanted a wing of the new stadium named after himself.

The wake of complete destruction he has overseen is on par with Heysel aftermath.

Cannot wait until he is out of this club the self-centred cünt.

All I can do is repeat an absolutely true story that I told on here a little while ago and no doubt the usual suspects will come back using words like parasite,and evil, and phrases loke fat slob and 'wilt and die'...that last phrase a complete disgrace and not befitting of any sensible human being never mind an Evertonian Thank God all Evertonians are not like that.Have a gpod hard look at yourselves. The true story.... I was chatting with the late Tommy Docherty in a bar near Stockport(what was then the Town Bar in Heaton Moor and during the conversation which covered many football topics including Mike Meagan('very versatile player') Docherty said 'Everton are a very well organised and run club'. His words not mine.
Tommy Docherty is allowed to have his opinion, we all are.

The fact that his opinion was formed from his time in the game means that opinion is practically irrelevant. The game is unrecognisable in every way, particularly away from the pitch.

You have a clubs like Chelsea getting 60m a season for the next 15 years from a shirt supplier, then you have Everton boasting about a record deal for a main sponsor of just over 10?

A well run club to 'The Doc' probably means paying wages on time and a good drink in the boardroom after a win.

We can carry on being a 'Wonderful football club' or we can start acting in a manner befitting a modern, sporting giant. Act like one, with the correct plan and people and you eventually become one.

Professionalism and a plan = Growth
Kenwright and Co = Death

Last edited:
All I can do is repeat an absolutely true story that I told on here a little while ago and no doubt the usual suspects will come back using words like parasite,and evil, and phrases loke fat slob and 'wilt and die'...that last phrase a complete disgrace and not befitting of any sensible human being never mind an Evertonian Thank God all Evertonians are not like that.Have a gpod hard look at yourselves. The true story.... I was chatting with the late Tommy Docherty in a bar near Stockport(what was then the Town Bar in Heaton Moor and during the conversation which covered many football topics including Mike Meagan('very versatile player') Docherty said 'Everton are a very well organised and run club'. His words not mine.

Tommy Docherty? Seriously? When did he say this? He hasn't managed a league club since before we last won the league...... what could he possibly have been able to tell ANY Evertonian (over the age of 3) about how well our club has been run?

The club is a shadow of its former self. A laughing stock for most of our rivals. If we're well run..... I'd love to see a badly run club.

Should have asked Tommy if a well-run club:

Spends £500m+ on utter dross in the space of a couple of years?

Escapes relegation with a game to spare?

Has their majority shareholder making a tit of himself of a 2 bob TalkSport phone-in?

Still allows the fat pig of a Chairman to bury his head in the trough after 30 years of abject failure whilst making himself considerably, considerably richer?

Sells their best player for a few quid more than he was bought for because of the financial mess the club is in?

Appoint a headteacher and local charity boss as their CEO despite absolutely no relevant football or business experience?

Take shady loans from Philip Green and then deny all knowledge?

Sell the best player at the club after a falling out with a despised manager who’s hanging onto his job by a thread and then sack said manager (who also happens to be a Kopite idol)?

Any one of those points above would suggest that a club isn’t well run… Every single one of the applies to us and they are just the immediate ones that spring to mind.

Tommy Docherty clearly doesn’t have a Scooby mate unfortunately.

The saddest thing is that if he really has negotiated this pathetic fee for Richarlison, Mr Ego will be patting himself on the back at a job well done and telling people how he's 'saved' the club with the fee received.

I saw through this fraud years ago. How absolutely anyone can still trot out pathetic excuses for this clown is beyond me. Tommy Docherty ffs!

The day Kenwright got power at this club was truly the worst day in our entire history.

Massive change is needed and it's needed right now. The man has failed year in and year out with his train set. Like many, possibly the majority? a Kenyon take over fills me with fear and dread but not like the dread and fear that was felt for the last few months of last season !!!! Kenyon or anybody or anything is needed before another thousand page relegation thread appears. In fact go down to Asda, buy a Cabbage and stick it in Bill's comfy chair and it would do a more effective job. Who'd of thought the Crown Jewels Rooney fiasco would repeat itself year's later, well it has and it did because of " ONE MAN AND ONE TRAINSET " (Great Name For a West End Production Bill)

I don't wish him dead/harm but the undefendable can not be defended no matter how ' Blue ' you are !!! No blue deserves to go through the same as last season but ' Stand still ' and we all know it will !!!!!!

tbf Steve, I'm surprised you think Dochertys words should mean anything at all to any Evertonian. They don't hold any weight AT ALL to how Kenwright has run this club into the ground.

Would be nice if new owners came in and replaced him as chairman hours before the ribbon cutting for the new stadium. His only mission now is to stay for that and he doesnt care what damage happens to the club in the meantime.

Why was Kenwright doing the negotiating?

Isn’t that exactly why we hired Thelwell? Or am I missing the point?
He does all the negotiating mate, always has done. Also i get the impression Thelwell is more of a project manager type dof than a recruitment style dof, he seems more of an organiser, a planner type (imo)

Status
Not open for further replies.