2019/20 Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenwright's only fault is not being rich enough to be able to take Everton to the heights we'd all like them to reach. I challenge you to name 1 person that has done more for Everton over the last 20 years than he has. He's certainly not perfect and hasn't done everything right but he's a true blue supporter that only has good intentions for the club. Now that we have Moshiri and Brands at the club, Kenwright can only ever be an influencer but just like those bimbo bikini clad influencer girls on Instagram, they can try and influence but you don't have to follow.

Moshiri and Brands are the real future of this club even if Bill is sticking around.
Is that you Bill

He's had control of the club throughout the Premiership years when money has become more and more influential every single year. If there was someone with more money that wanted the club and had better intentions then they'd have stepped up and bought the club. But that didn't happen until 3 years ago.
Everton aren't as big a club as the fans like to think. We're not as attractive an investment as the fans like to thing. Just because we did fairly well in the 80s we have no divine right to be a massive club forever. Ownership of all the 'big 6' clubs has changed in the last 20 years. When the big money comes in, their fortunes change. Maybe, just maybe Everton can catch up if it's not too late.
We were a big 6 club when the premier league started. And I’m not having it, that he didn’t have chances to sell. Like I’ve mentioned very strong rumours that the city owners wanted Everton.

That's counterintuitive : because he had control of the club for 20 years and was full of 'good intentions' nobody else could have bettered his successes. His managed decline is a dark moment in our history, and no platitudes about him being a true blue supporter will wipe away his total and utter failure as chairman and owner - and he's still spouting his advice, which has been proved to be utterly useless.

His managed decline was totally necessary as well to be fair.

He has been bog average for me. I don't really get the love or hate either way. Could have been better, could have been worse.

Good intesionns, he could have stepped aside and let other people take the club on and maybe we would Be playing on the docks now. And maybe owned by the city owners. Imagine that.

Honestly I would hate that.

Being some kind of corporate plaything being funded by a dodgy regime is not very Everton to me.

Of course we could have been owned by Venkys and playing in League One instead.

As I said, bog average.

Honestly I would hate that.

Being some kind of corporate plaything being funded by a dodgy regime is not very Everton to me.

Of course we could have been owned by Venkys and playing in League One instead.

As I said, bog average.
Don’t remember any links with the venkys if I’m honest.

But yes watching your team play amazing football and winning trophies. Instead of winning nothing for 23yrs, you’re right It’s a difficult choice.

Bill is like one of them old uncles who no-one wants at a family get together but realises he won't be around much longer. Nothing of any importance is his responsibility anymore. Think of him as no more than a Everton cheerleader in the press.

Status
Not open for further replies.