Bilic confirming that abusing players effects their game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, we’ve added social media to the fray! Players now get their cowardly abuse where ever they go. It also creates many false narratives (as constantly seen here) which perpetuates in to “fact”

It’s very unhealthy and will never make a player better .
I will never understand why football players, who earn several million a year in wages and have millions in endorsements with professionals running their social media platforms, bother with personal social media at all. If their egos are too fragile to deal with comments on social media, then don't have it. It's not as if their "brand" needs it. All downside, very little upside.

I also don't subscribe to the idea that players should get unconditional support. Lots of posters on here were advocating that approach for Anthony Gordon and we've all seen how that turned out. Support the team, yes. But if they're not putting it in on the pitch they deserve opprobrium even if it hurts their feelings. If I'm not doing my job properly someone will tell me, not sure why millionaire footballers should be exempt.

I agree when it comes to young players but the like of them 2 and a lot of r other signings
We do seem to have a lot of players who don’t cope well with it. Keane, holgate, Dwight, iwobi (before frank), maupay, previously jags, Ross, Gomes, etc
Plenty of players who hide from the ball after a bad pass. It’s a big reason for our sideways/back pass football, no one wants to take a risk and gets the groans.
Hopefully dyche can get some confidence back into them

I will never understand why football players, who earn several million a year in wages and have millions in endorsements with professionals running their social media platforms, bother with personal social media at all. If their egos are too fragile to deal with comments on social media, then don't have it. It's not as if their "brand" needs it. All downside, very little upside.

I also don't subscribe to the idea that players should get unconditional support. Lots of posters on here were advocating that approach for Anthony Gordon and we've all seen how that turned out. Support the team, yes. But if they're not putting it in on the pitch they deserve opprobrium even if it hurts their feelings. If I'm not doing my job properly someone will tell me, not sure why millionaire footballers should be exempt.

These guys are world famous, they are going to look at their online presence, they generally have biggish egos. You are going to look at what is being said.

Lord knows what DCL and Tom see on Twitter, must be rough though. Couple that with hearing it at the ground and also in the streets, must be pretty exhausting

Anyway, here's hoping that it all picks up under Dyche

These guys are world famous, they are going to look at their online presence, they generally have biggish egos. You are going to look at what is being said.

Lord knows what Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Tom see on Twitter, must be rough though. Couple that with hearing it at the ground and also in the streets, must be pretty exhausting

Is it not a case of don't like the heat get out of the kitchen

They are paid a damned good wage for what they do

Someone needs to read them the riot act

Lord knows what Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Tom see on Twitter, must be rough though. Couple that with hearing it at the ground and also in the streets, must be pretty exhausting

Then they're babies and shouldn't be pandered to. They need to grow up and toughen up. If you're doing your job badly your going to get criticism. Do better, work harder.

Then they're babies and shouldn't be pandered to. They need to grow up and toughen up. If you're doing your job badly your going to get criticism. Do better, work harder.
OK, this to me is a very dated outlook. If you are unfortunate not to be thick skinned you should get a different job?! Don't blame the abusers, blame the victims!?

Criticism from the coach, all day, 20,000 and blokes telling you your sh!!....nah.

When I mess up at my job, typically my boss would have a talk with me like an actual professional. It's not like some nobody off the street who has 1% of the talent walks over to my cubicle and screams incomprehensible nonsense at me.

It is not really about that. Its just saying that, players do not play better when they hear the grief. As has been said, money does not make you bullet proof.
They need physiatrists mate

The world of modern media means they are never going to be immune from criticism

They need to show what they are about on the pitch and get their heads in the right space

Shame too many are happy to take the wage these days

OK, this to me is a very dated outlook. If you are unfortunate not to be thick skinned you should get a different job?! Don't blame the abusers, blame the victims!?

Criticism from the coach, all day, 20,000 and blokes telling you your sh!!....nah.
So what? You're playing badly, you're not putting in enough effort but here's a hug and some compliments, everyone calling you out on not working hard and not playing well and not taking responsibility are just big meanies, do what you want, it's all fine? Dyche doesn't strike me as a very touchy feely manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.