Big Dunc - what a legend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough that's your opinion mine still stands facts prove what a legend is Big Dunc everyone loved him including me , but never a Legend imo for my reasons given!
thats fair enough.

But for me legends come down to more than just stats and goal ratios.

If there was ever a player to truly embody what a Everton number nine was, is and what we are about it's Duncan Ferguson.

For me.

thats fair enough.

But for me legends come down to more than just stats and goal ratios.

If there was ever a player to truly embody what a Everton number nine was, is and what we are about it's Duncan Ferguson.

For me.
Why did he transfer to Newcastle then? Look he was in a poor team , but too injury prone he came to us in a way he was our saviour, never legend material though I understand your sentiments, I would have liked him here as a young player and only then he could have produced more imo! yes goals ratio for a no 9 is important!

Why did he transfer to Newcastle then? Look he was in a poor team , but too injury prone he came to us in a way he was our saviour, never legend material though I understand your sentiments, I would have liked him here as a young player and only then he could have produced more imo! yes goals ratio for a no 9 is important!
He didn't have a choice really. He was sold because the club needed the money and he never wanted to leave, know people who know dunc personally, one of his best friends in fact.

That move was very shady, and he was reluctant to leave from the off.

Anyway we aren't going to agree here mate so would rather drop it.

Why did he transfer to Newcastle then?

_225094_johnson_and_smoth300.jpg

I have never heard an Evertonian ask that question.

Everyone knows he was forced out by Peter Johnson, the bad bell.

How long have you supported Everton, mate?

He was sold by Johnson, even behind Smith's back. Ferguson was told he was going and that was that, so he had to, naturally, make the best of it.

bloody hell surely all evertonians no why big dunc left everton for newcastle? im pretty sure we were live on tv the evening the tranfer was agreed and dunc did not play?

John Stones speaking about Big Dunc before the England U21 game:

And Stones admits Big Dunc’s words of wisdom in his current role are just as powerful as the strength that intimidated opposing defenders in his playing days.

“Dunc is such a presence,” added Stones, who made his senior England debut in September 2014.

“When he speaks you really listen. He’s got some great words – especially before the game, things to get you in the mood: ‘Know who you are playing for’, the value of the shirt you’re putting on.

“He’s been there and done it. I think he’s missing playing. He sees what we’ve got in that dressing room and he wants us to succeed. He wants us to have pride in that Everton shirt.

“I wouldn’t want to come up against Dunc that’s for sure. He was some player – some brute. I try to stay away from him!”

Really hope this guy is the next Everton manager after Martinez. At least he he knows what the club means to the fans.

I've got it here

‘Coaching is my addiction, I love it,’ says Everton’s bad boy reformed

“I think everyone dreams of being Everton manager, don’t they,” he says. “Don’t you? Everyone has dreams, but it’s not something I’m anywhere near. We’ve got a top-drawer manager, outstanding, and I’m learning from him every day. I just want to be the best coach I can be. I’m working hard at it.”

His use of the word outstanding is not outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.