Big Dunc - what a legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToffeeDan

in memoriam - 1961-2023
Just walked down Goodison Road, leaving the Ladies game (had to get off home). Spotted Big Dunc driving a 62 Plate Royal Blue Peugeot - window open, chatting and pointing out the names on the Legend plaques all along the Main Stand and then parking up by the offices at the end of the stand. So he spent a day off showing someone round the ground..

Just walked down Goodison Road, leaving the Ladies game (had to get off home). Spotted Big Dunc driving a 62 Plate Royal Blue Peugeot - window open, chatting and pointing out the names on the Legend plaques all along the Main Stand and then parking up by the offices at the end of the stand. So he spent a day off showing someone round the ground..
Hopefully the new owner

He will be our manager one day.

No doubt about it. He's got his coaching badges purely to come and be our boss.

It's in the book "In Search Of Duncan Ferguson", a direct quote from him.

Think he underachieved as a player for us Especially In his second spell here which was a waste of time but he did used to amuse me by giving my kopite friends the middle finger on a daily basis as we used to hang around on the Bill shankly playing fields Which are opposite Bellfield. routine went a bit like this.... We would be sat there smoking a few Dodgie home made cigarettes, players would be leaving training about 2ish, Duncan in his blue 850i BMW, we would cheer him and he would wave back and give us a beep, Kopites amongst us would then jeer him and give him a bit of stick then he would mouth something back in a usually unaudible Scottish accent apart from a few choice swear words and then proceed to stick his right arm out of the car and drive away giving them the finger..... Repeat this almost everyday in the months April to September year on year until we became to old to hang around on fields.

legend? Not for me, he had everything in his arsenal to become one, but only really turned it on in the big games, far too often he just strolled around growling. Ferguson wouldn't have got a game with any of our title winning sides in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.