Beto vs Calvert Lewin: Who deserves to be our starting striker?

Who should be our starter?

• Total voters
Would change it up for Palace, personally. Flogging a dead horse at the moment (granted he had the ball in the net last week). Take the pressure off as much as anything. Can always bring DCL on for the last 30.

DCL, but Beto deserves longer on the pitch. He needs to be given 25-30 mins each game, and deserves a start every few games too.

But for the majority of games, I think DCL should get the starting spot. If Beto proves himself in those 25-30 min appearances then he can take the spot from him.

Giving Beto 5-15 mins each game isn't long enough.

DCL was a development signing for 1.5m. He’s given a good service to Everton.

The hate he gets is poor. Sure he’s not doing well, but he offers the team something. His remit is goals, and that’s what he should be judged on - he’s in poor form and not offering goals, he does however understand the tactics dyche wants.

Beto on the other hand is a 30m signing who can’t kick a ball, head a ball, pass a ball, press, stay onside…

What I find most worrying is how tired Beto looks after his 10/15 minute cameos.

It’s not his fault he’s been signed for 30m I get that, but watching him you could have signed virtually any championship striker and they’d likely have offered more.
Not sure under Dyche DCL is measured on goals. If he were he would be rested. Dyche is running a team that will stay up. Hard working, pressing, defensively sound, Nick a goal if you can. DCL is the fit for this.

Beto is the younger brother of Stracq

Have we even paid for Beto yet? Dont want to go too early on this one because Mykolenko has been much improved this season but he doesn’t look like a footballer at all some games.

Chermiti, and dobbin on the wing. We need a shakeup in our attack and our subs have shown they can commit to the defensive work required to start.

DCL/Beto have done enough to lose their starting spots this season imo.

Dom is way out of form & has been for some time.
His attempt at chipping Ederson shows how out of touch he is , in form he carries the ball into the area then trying to score.

His confidence looks shot to bits , I would start Beto for the next half a dozen games and bring Dom on late in the game.

It's not about who is the best player , it's more to what is needed.
Beto obviously needs a lot more game time & Dom needs a change that's for sure.

Honestly, we're at the point where giving Beto a run might actually be worth a go. Beto's not much of a player but DCL cannot score currently, he just can't do it, he's not really even getting close, and we need goals. I've voted Beto, not because I think he's going to bag a hat full but because I know DCL definitely won't.