Beto vs Calvert Lewin: Who deserves to be our starting striker?

Who should be our starter?

• Total voters
This poll is embarrassing for DCL but I think injuries have taken their toll. He's nowhere the level he was for that season under Ancelotti.
That’s because Carlo utilised him differently. Carlo told him to just stay forward, then brought someone inn with vision that could pass a ball (James). And what we got was James and Digne whipping balls right to him and we played directly to his strength. Now he’s standing just passed the half way line with absolutely no one around him, and a gang of Donkeys blasting the ball all over the place just hoping.

He’s far from perfect but Beto deserves a run now.

I think DCL has played ok in patches and probably the first time in years he has a a run of games not injured. I just don’t know what type of striker he has evolved into (apart from one that doesn’t score goals) - thinking back to his ‘glory year’ under ancelotti and had james, richarlison, sigurdsson,digne etc to create top quality chances - replace that with what we have now and it’s a ridiculous difference.

I actually think the narrative of us creating clear changes are a bit off. Even yesterday - apart from the pen and the McNeill chance I think everything else the keeper saved was pretty standard fare.

Opinions and arseholes and all that but from my seat yesterday..
I was pleased to see Beto get a start, thought he worked hard, made up for him with the goal, whole crowd was I think. And I would like to see him getting more games, I think he needs it.
But it's clear as day when the substitution was made, Dom's a better Premier League player, he just is.

I actually think the narrative of us creating clear changes are a bit off. Even yesterday - apart from the pen and the McNeill chance I think everything else the keeper saved was pretty standard fare.
This is why the keeper had such a a good performance stats wise, our finishing is just hit towards the goal and hope, no conviction in it

Dom far better technically, some class touches and often made to look worse as when he does get control of the ball in their half and has no one within 30 yards of him and all options are backward, no overlaps. But when your first choice striker hasn’t scored for 20 games, you bench him and the replacement has an ok game and does actually score, would be pretty criminal to not play the replacement until he has a bad or ineffective game. Players will expect to see that too.

Plus things go flat and tense so quickly. I think the random chaos Beto causes is better suited to that at the moment