Best way to spend away day at Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s nothing like it was years ago, there are loads of bars to go to and a decent atmosphere

Bizarre reading some of the stuff in here.

I've been to Newcastle, on and off, for more years than I'm going to admit to, and yea, back in the 80's, like most places, you needed to keep your wits about you on matchdays, but these days, anyone with an ounce ( or, for the youngsters, 30 grams ) of sense about them is highly unlikely to see, never mind, get into any bother.

Yea, because some of the locals are a bit subprime in the intelligence quota, you wouldn't walk into some pubs in colours, so it's not as friendly for away fans as Liverpool is, but, in that respect, it's not much different to many towns and cities in the country.

I reckon it's a boss little city ( but then again, I love the accent on the lasses ), and, if you're around for a few days, and the sun's shining, then round the Tees going towards the Prince Bishops realm is a lovely part of the country.

It's probably best not to take a horse that you're fond of with you though.

Jesus H Christ on a donkey!!

Take it from a local, do NOT go in the Gate. A modern “entertainment complex”. The very definition of hell on earth (unless mortal drunk orange dollies with two tarantulas stuck to their face and horrifying bee stung lips are actually your thing).

Anywhere else in the city is preferable including a few can of White Lightning in the bogs of St James Park.

Some good bars on greys street like Harry’s bar and barluga also as chewbacca said high bridge street is good and they are right next to each other

I prefer one that tells me where my seat is. If you do go to SJP make sure you find a steward who knows where your seat is as both the signs and the seat numbering make little sense.

Verstehen?
Ja aber habe ich nicht fur ungefehr 15 jahren Deutsch gesprochen

Yep just like every premier league club you can pretty much go in any pub in the city centre unless it’s a hostile derby.
You haven't been to Burnley recently then.... Signs outside every bar saying no Everton fans, try and get in one and because you don't look like an extra out the old Worzel Gummidge show they question you to get on your accent. Only the cricket club next to the ground let's you, the bad Tory scarecrow's !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.