Best Prematch Pint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre match in town best pubs in town have been suggested excelsior and Denbigh and both proper Everton pubs . By the ground they’re all what they are really , I tend to avoid the frost although the staff are a bit better than standard spoons. Dark house and Leigh arms are both , I’ve gone off the oak these days but I’ll drink in any of them wok , springy whatever .

I prefer the brick post match for a couple then usually end up in the Denbigh . If it’s your first visit I’d recommend you end up there especially if we win for the Denbigh disco .

Honestly???? Buy yourself a cheap cooler bag, lash a few cans in of your favourite drink. Get yourself outside the Winslow, crack your cans open and take in the atmosphere of people all around you.

Finish your bev’s and lash your cheap cooler bag. Done.
Thrifty. Like it.

I'll be in the Royal Oak and would be happy to buy you a pint mate.
Just introduce yourself.
(I'll be the grey haired old feller with a blue scarf on)
I might have to take you up on that. Got to meet Dixie last night, super excited for the match.

Attachments

• 20230414_192212.jpg
    20230414_192212.jpg
    973.1 KB · Views: 38

Pre match in town best pubs in town have been suggested excelsior and Denbigh and both proper Everton pubs . By the ground they’re all what they are really , I tend to avoid the frost although the staff are a bit better than standard spoons. Dark house and Leigh arms are both , I’ve gone off the oak these days but I’ll drink in any of them wok , springy whatever .

I prefer the brick post match for a couple then usually end up in the Denbigh . If it’s your first visit I’d recommend you end up there especially if we win for the Denbigh disco .
Any idea if the Denbigh allows children in pre-match? I don't think Dom will have an issue, but I'm meeting my mates there and don't want to make them move.

Any idea if the Denbigh allows children in pre-match? I don't think Dom will have an issue, but I'm meeting my mates there and don't want to make them move.
Yeah they’re sound , well the lads with me have never had an issue and I’ve seen a fair few others in there .

Honestly can’t see it being a problem mate

The number way I stay connected to Everton from the middle of nowhere US is listening to the Echo's podcast and the Blue Room podcast, they do the postmatch from the Denbigh so I plan on making way down there after to celebrate or moan a bit.

The number way I stay connected to Everton from the middle of nowhere US is listening to the Echo's podcast and the Blue Room podcast, they do the postmatch from the Denbigh so I plan on making way down there after to celebrate or moan a bit.
Not exclusively but especially if we win the singing gets going . One particular young man is especially adept as generating at atmosphere .

I drink a pint of coffee sat on my sofa for the 430 am kickoff typically. It heightens my enjoyment of what will inevitably be a dazzling display. It was best during the BFS days.
I love hearing stuff like this. Hats off to your commitment, I'm exiled as far as Cheshire these days (trying to be posh) and all I do is turn radio merseyside on.

Not the right thread for this but I'm not getting any traction elsewhere. I need a spare for Palace next weekend. I'm desperate for one especially since they moved the Newcastle date. I was planning on catching 3 matches on my trip over and I'm currently sitting at today as the only match I will get to go to. I can meet anywhere and also buy pints!

Not the right thread for this but I'm not getting any traction elsewhere. I need a spare for Palace next weekend. I'm desperate for one especially since they moved the Newcastle date. I was planning on catching 3 matches on my trip over and I'm currently sitting at today as the only match I will get to go to. I can meet anywhere and also buy pints!
I’d make yourself known to people when you’re chatting mate , places like the Denbigh will give you a chance of sourcing tickets .

Reactions: kev
I sound like a pr for the place, even though I've only been twice, but you can get a match ticket and drinks package at Segura mate if you can get the details for the guy that runs it.

I’d make yourself known to people when you’re chatting mate , places like the Denbigh will give you a chance of sourcing tickets .
I chatted up a very nice man from Wales name Ollie at halftime who was selling a spare to the Palace match. That was the only positive from today. And Goodison is beautiful...

Status
Not open for further replies.