Best performance by an opposition player vs Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vito Mannone for Sunderland in 13/14. Howard got sent off early for bringing down one of their players and Ki (always thought he was decent) scored the penalty. We took Osman off for Joel and even though we were down to 10 we did quite well - Mannone saved everything we threw at him and kept a clean sheet for a huge win for Sunderland. If I remember correctly it was the only game we lost at home in 2013 as well and we were set for an unbeaten year at Goodison with two left to play.

Man uniteds kids in 95. They beat us 3-2 when kanchelskis did his shoulder. I just remember the likes of scholes and beckham pinging it around one touch and being mesmerised how good they were

Vito Mannone for Sunderland in 13/14. Howard got sent off early for bringing down one of their players and Ki (always thought he was decent) scored the penalty. We took Osman off for Joel and even though we were down to 10 we did quite well - Mannone saved everything we threw at him and kept a clean sheet for a huge win for Sunderland. If I remember correctly it was the only game we lost at home in 2013 as well and we were set for an unbeaten year at Goodison with two left to play.

Oh my god, that game.

Jelavic had a header that was 10000% going in and I think Mannone flicked it over the bar. I almost went home there and then. Knew we were getting nothing.

Juan Sebastian Veron. He seemingly had one blinder in English football and it was against us.

Also I remember Gordon Strachan not breaking a stride when a wayward pass to him went behind him and he backhealed it over his head and back into his run to the stadium all applauding. Just a particularly vivid memory of an opponent's skill.

There's been quite a few.
I'm sure these standout it performances...too many to remember or name...almost exactly equal our gash ones...too many to remember or name - probably no coincidence.

Just sayijn like.

Status
Not open for further replies.