Best of the best and rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

BornBlue76

Player Valuation: £35m
Seeing as James is set to miss the Saints and we have Richy out it did make me wonder who our best players are in order. Everyone throws out James and Richy.. but where to from there? who can not do without and is more irreplaceable than any other .. for me:
1. James (de doih)
2. RIcharlison (the work he does both ends of the pitch)
3. Allan (Gives the top 2 license to play with more freedom)
4. Digne (assist king of full backs)
5. Holgate (still for me our best defender, does everything and has pace)
6. DCL (can’t dispute he is showing serious quality this season)
7. Keane (comes into the list with his current form, distribution has been a revelation)
8. Doucoure (decent start to the season and has delivered massively important tackles and has some assists to match)

It sought of falls away here a bit:

9. Gylfi (can be very influential on his day and used to score a fair share of blammos)
10.Mina (isn’t the total powerhouse we thought we bought but does a fair bit of good defensive work and has started to nick a goal too)

That’s my top 10 in order

Gordon, Niels and Godfrey too new at this stage.
Coleman started the season ok but isn’t honestly at the level of the guys above. Everyone’s favorite poster boys Bernard and Gomes have all the talent just have some very material missing factors to crack the top 10...Pickford ..

James.
Richarlison.
Digne.
Allan.
DCL.
Doucoure.
Keane.
Holgate.
Gomes.
Mina.
Coleman

wouldn’t argue with this. I almost went for Digne above Allan. I did toss a coin for my last 2 .. and Gomes has so much potential so was tempted myself to include in top 10. Excl the Liverpool game Coleman has been very good and would have been at 11.

James
Richy
DCL
Allan
Daccoure
Digne
Keane
Coleman
Mina
Pickford

Doucs above Digne. Curious.
Got say that top ) could play for almost any team in the EPL.. or am I overshooting again because James makes everyone look good?
Keane is the in form defender so could make that 7. This team cannot be far from pushing top 4 surely!

Surprised to see Richy seems everyone’s second, he’s been a bit off this season where as our Lucas has been killing it! Right now I’d say:

James
Digne
Allan
DCL
Richarlison
Keane
Doucoure

everyone else is much more replaceable imo

Status
Not open for further replies.