Best of the best and rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to do this since Carlo took over as a bunch of weird stuff happened in the prior months. My list is:

1. James
2. DCL
3. Keane
4. Digne
5. Richarlison
6. Allan
7. Doucoure
8. Seamus
9. Holgate
10. Sigurdsson

And I hope to hell I don't see anyone trying to put Holgate over Keane. No disrespect to Mason but this isn't close unless you're still holding it against Michael for playing with a hole in his foot.

Doucs above Digne. Curious.
Got say that top ) could play for almost any team in the EPL.. or am I overshooting again because James makes everyone look good?
Keane is the in form defender so could make that 7. This team cannot be far from pushing top 4 surely!
Very marginal tbf, but I am a big fan of Daccoures workrate and in his position, he's pivotal to how we work imo.
A lesser player and we would be much lower in the league I feel, but it was close as I am a big fan of Dignes too.

I'm going to do this since Carlo took over as a bunch of weird stuff happened in the prior months. My list is:

1. James
2. DCL
3. Keane
4. Digne
5. Richarlison
6. Allan
7. Doucoure
8. Seamus
9. Holgate
10. Sigurdsson

And I hope to hell I don't see anyone trying to put Holgate over Keane. No disrespect to Mason but this isn't close unless you're still holding it against Michael for playing with a hole in his foot.
Number 10 is beyond comical.

Right now...

1. James
2. Richarlison
3. Allan
4. Doucoure
5. Digne
6. Keane
7. DCL
8. Holgate
9. Gylfi
10. Gomes
11. Mina
12. Coleman
13. Pickford
14. Bernard
15. Iwobi

Would have had holgate over keane at the start of the season.

OP post would be your first example. Keane has had a brilliant season but he didn't have a hole in his foot the whole time he has been with us. So far every time Holgate has been on the same pitch he has outperformed Keane. Even those 15 minutes he came back in lockdown he was a class above the other defenders. Keane > Digne.. talk about one swallow making a summer

1) Allan
2) Hamez
3) Rico
4) DCL
5) Keane
6) Digne
7) Doucoure
8) Coleman
9) Gomes
10) Gylfi
11) Pickford

IMO 1 to 4 are as good as you can get , have been pivotal in our progress , Keane vastly improved , Digne and Doucoure class acts , Coleman playing as well as can be expected , 9 to 11 - Gomes unfortunately lost a lot since injury , 10+11 enough said

But seriously:

1. Richarlison
  2. James
  3. DCL
  4. Digne
  5. Allan
  6. Holgate
  7. Keane
  8. Doucoure
  9. Coleman
  10. Gomes

I think this 1-8 should be the same names across the board. with some shifts in position. Rico above James is interesting but I wouldn't argue as he is seriously influential across the pitch. What happens at 9/10 is anyone's guess. Gomes v Gylfi; Mina v Coleman... there is a gulf to the quality after 8

I think this 1-8 should be the same names across the board. with some shifts in position. Rico above James is interesting but I wouldn't argue as he is seriously influential across the pitch. What happens at 9/10 is anyone's guess. Gomes v Gylfi; Mina v Coleman... there is a gulf to the quality after 8

Yeah I went for Richarlison at no.1 as I think he's very crucial to getting us up the pitch and as evidenced against West Ham and Brighton this season, when he goes off it really helps teams squeeze us into our own half a lot more.

But yeah agreed after 8 is up to whoever is performing better currently, Coleman 9 for seniority, influence as a leader and he has played very well this season. Gomes over the rest purely because it's clear Carlo is gonna pick him over the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.