Best insults aimed at a player

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one was a song by Tottenham fans towards disgraced Arsenal manager, George Graham:

Georgie Graham's a con-man,
He wears a con-man's hat,
He saw the agent's bung,
And he said I'm having that.

(To the tune of My Old Man's A Dustman)

Dunno why but I remember that excellent winger from Forest John Robertson getting stick off blues at a particular game years back,"Douggie Brown,Douggie Brown,Douggie Brown",made me laugh anyway lol

Last edited:
Half time at the Everton v Tranmere cup game a few years ago with Everton 3-0 down, there was an announcement over the tannoy “ Will Mr. So and So please go to the Women’s Hospital, your wife has just gone into labour, this fella shouted to his mate “ Well he’ll only have to to look at one Cnut, we’ll have to watch eleven of them in the second half” That’s a true story believe it or not.

Bluekipper did a book called Turning the Air Blue years ago and some of them were absolutely hilarious.

When we had the entire ground singing “the baby’s not yours” at Steven Gerrard was marvellous and it properly got to him as well.

“Oh Brendan Rogers your son is a nonce” was good as well (because he was).
Steven Gerrard normally ran the show in the Derby. It probably just pumped him up.
I loved that song as well.

94/95 season Ipswich away.

Southall had kept us in the game with some stunning saves...

Rideout gave us the lead just after half time, from memory a header...Ipswich kept coming with nothing to lose and we were stretched...long balls all over the place to the forwards who kept giving it away.

87th minute, Stuart 'Jigsaw' Barlow loses the ball right below the away section...bounces off him and into touch...

The entire away support gasped as he picked up the ball and threw it as far up into the air as possible...totally no reason for him to do that.

One shout of "Get him off ref" then the entire away section turned nasty, literally every man, woman and child were united in their hatred of Jigsaw Barlow...

For 2 mins I have yet to hear the atmosphere at a game turn as nasty as it did that day.

The ref then brandished the red card, Barlow (right below us) plodded off the pitch as the away support celebrated his dismissal...cheering for the last few minutes of the game and shouting about Jigsaw.

For any fans slating DCL think yourselves lucky that you have never witnessed the ineptitude of Jigsaw Barlow.

Remember over a decade ago when Palace were in the PL and had that Gabor Kiraly in goal, the fella wore trackie bottoms and never shorts w/socks. A lad behind me, talking to his mate, said;

"Why he does wear them tho lad? I mean he looks a show, you could put three kids to bed with them."

Everyone around cried laughing.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.