Not open for further replies.
- - - - - - - - - - - - Joel - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - Holgate - Keane - Jagielka - - -
Kenny - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Garbutt
- - - - - - - McCarthy - Davies - - - - - -
- - Vlasic - - - - - - - - - - - - Lookman - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - DCL- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Subs: Pickford, Feeney, Besic, Lennon, Rooney, Niasse, Mirallas

The most important thing for me is width to give us a balanced side, but also pace.

I'd go with 4-5-1

-----------------------Pickford-------------------------

Kenny----------Keane----------Holgate--------Baines

------------------------Gueye--------------------------
Lennon--------Davies--------Sigurdsson--------Vlasic

-------------------------Rooney-------------------------

I'd then be thinking about Lookman on for Vlasic or Lennon if either are not working but I would keep that balance the whole game. So if that meant bringing Mirallas on in some games i'd do it. Rooney to come off for Calvert Lewin or Niasse, or drop back deeper for Sigurdsson if he isn't playing well.

But persisting with the same unbalanced side week in week out isn't working. Sigurdsson does not have the pace to link up with Baines so should only be played central. Williams is too out of form. Kenny is a better option than Martina. We don't need 2 defensive midfielders so it has to be Gana OR Schneiderlin. Davies has the energy and drive to go forward more than those 2 so has to start. He could even switch to 442 with Calvert Lewin up front with Rooney or Niasse, as long as he kept the width and pace in midfield.

As it is, I just don't see him doing things like that. It'll be Martina over Kenny, Williams at CB, Sigurdsson out on the left but will inevitably drift inside isolating Baines at Left Back, Lennon and Lookman won't get a chance and he'll start both Gana and Schneiderlin. And the icing on the cake will be that he'll opt to bring on Klaassen or Sandro ahead of someone like Lookman if it isn't working. All reasons why I think he'll be gone in a month or two when results don't get any better.

4-2-3-1
Pickford
Kenny-Keane-Holgate-Baines
Davies-Gueye
Vlasic-Sigurdsson-Lookman
DCL

Martina over Kenny wouldn't be the worst thing in the world either *hides*

Pickford
Kenny---Keane-----Williams---Baines
Lookman-----Davies---Gueye-------Vlasic
Sigurdsson
DCL
Lookman has to be given a go at the very least but I could live with Lennon or Mirallas playing over him simply because they're actual wide men.

Everything breaks down with Martina, in a weird way I feel bad for the guy because he's been given such a hard task providing width as well as being a defender. Play Kenny and at the worst at least he'll learn from the experience.

I don't wanna play Williams but have resigned myself to the fact he will not get dropped.

We might find if things go better we can utilise Sigurdsson as a playmaker from the left but as for now leave him were he's most comfortable behind the striker.

I don't actually care who's picked between Gueye and Schneiderlin but atm it has to be one and they have to be paired with Davies to add that link between defence and attack.

Pickford
Kenny---Keane-----Williams---Baines
Lookman-----Davies---Gueye-------Vlasic
Sigurdsson
DCL
Lookman has to be given a go at the very least but I could live with Lennon or Mirallas playing over him simply because they're actual wide men.

Everything breaks down with Martina, in a weird way I feel bad for the guy because he's been given such a hard task providing width as well as being a defender. Play Kenny and at the worst at least he'll learn from the experience.

I don't wanna play Williams but have resigned myself to the fact he will not get dropped.

We might find if things go better we can utilise Sigurdsson as a playmaker from the left but as for now leave him were he's most comfortable behind the striker.

I don't actually care who's picked between Gueye and Schneiderlin but atm it has to be one and they have to be paired with Davies to add that link between defence and attack.

It also breaks down with Baines too though because he has no one ahead of him half the time. That's why he keeps resorting to turning inside or going backwards which is infuriating to watch. It makes Baines look a poor player. He is obviously struggling pace wise these days but he is still excellent in possession and could pick a forward pass down the line or diagonally if there was actually anyone to pass it to.

I want Kenny in ahead of Martina but no one cuts Martina any slack either for the fact that the balance of the team is poor and that is also why he opts to go sideways or backwards half the time. Then when Kenny had the same inevitable problems in the Limassol game some fans started saying he was poor too. This is all down to the way the manager is picking a terribly unbalanced side in my opinion.

4-4-1-1

Pickford
Kenny RB
Holgate CB
Keane CB
Baines LB
Lookman RW
Gueye CM
Davies CM
Vlasic LW
Gylfi AM/2nd ST
Calvert Lewin CF

Pace, youth with a touch of if experience. A bit of width where they can tuck in when required. That side would do the job imo

It also breaks down with Baines too though because he has no one ahead of him half the time. That's why he keeps resorting to turning inside or going backwards which is infuriating to watch. It makes Baines look a poor player. He is obviously struggling pace wise these days but he is still excellent in possession and could pick a forward pass down the line or diagonally if there was actually anyone to pass it to.

I want Kenny in ahead of Martina but no one cuts Martina any slack either for the fact that the balance of the team is poor and that is also why he opts to go sideways or backwards half the time. Then when Kenny had the same inevitable problems in the Limassol game some fans started saying he was poor too. This is all down to the way the manager is picking a terribly unbalanced side in my opinion.

Yeah mate I agree, that's why I put Vlasic there. As lond as there is an actual wide man / someone who'll not leave their full back exposed anyway.

Pickford
Kenny Holgate Keane Baine
Vlasic Morgan Davies Lookman
Rooney Mirallas

Mirallas is a pretty decent finisher, has pace and can beat a man... I would use Rooney and Siggy interchangeably..

Status
Not open for further replies.