2020/21 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brands had him sold in the summer. Carlo wanted him to stay.
Do we have a source for this or something?

It's really down to Carlo not wanting to trust young players if this is true though. No reason he couldn't have been sold and his minutes given to Gordon but Carlo is very nervous about being left with just a youngster.

I like him, but he’s been a non-factor in most matches. And that what disappoints me the most; when he decides to play, he bosses the game.

I like him, but he’s been a non-factor in most matches. And that what disappoints me the most; when he decides to play, he bosses the game.
I've probably watched 70% of the games he has appeared in for Everton and I've never seen him come remotely close to bossing a game.
No doubt hes got some technical ability but he lacks physicality and perhaps desire to do well in the Premier league.

Do we have a source for this or something?

It's really down to Carlo not wanting to trust young players if this is true though. No reason he couldn't have been sold and his minutes given to Gordon but Carlo is very nervous about being left with just a youngster.
Phil Kirkbride, Liverpool Echo. The Athletic has mentioned it several times. Thought that was common knowledge.

Very good player just not physically equipped to deal with the madhouse that is the Premier League. I’ll miss him if he goes, he is always capable of a moment of pure quality, even if he looks like a kid from the under 14s playing with the big lads most of the Time.

I've probably watched 70% of the games he has appeared in for Everton and I've never seen him come remotely close to bossing a game.
No doubt hes got some technical ability but he lacks physicality and perhaps desire to do well in the Premier league.

His technical ability is not enough to make up for his lack of physical presence. In summary just not good enough.

Would they be able to afford his wages
50K AFTER TAX ??
Easily.

Al Nasr have a new stadium (only about 15 to 20k) but that hardly matters as you seldom get more than 3000 to 4000 going to games, of which probably a third are sponsors and guests. To buy a ticket is only about 4 pounds.

Top earner last season was Negredo (now back in Spain), his salary was probably about 70 a week and a big house on the palm thrown in for his 2 years.

None of the teams here are sustainable, they're all owned/funded by one of the royals as a bit of a laugh. They're actually 'sporting clubs' rather than just football. They have basketball teams, handball, 5 a side, swimming..... All under the same name/colours.

For the football, they're trying to get more expats to go and watch (as soon as safe to do so) as I'm generalyone of only about 10 westerners that go.
al_maktoum_stadium05.jpg
al_maktoum_stadium06.jpg

Last edited:

He deffo doesn’t quite have the quality to make up for his lack of physical presence in this league. I’ll stick up for him on the desire front. The guy was suffering from panic attacks, which I can attest to being very debilitating. No wonder his performances were not great.

That being said, I’d take £10million for him if offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.