2020/21 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's really lost his way at Everton. That first season once he got to grips with the pace I thought there was something positive between him and Digne.

Since then he's simply showed nothing worthy enough of getting any minutes. If your a creative player and you are unwilling or unable to get on the ball and dictate the play then togger at Everton ain't for you.

He's really lost his way at Everton. That first season once he got to grips with the pace I thought there was something positive between him and Digne.

Since then he's simply showed nothing worthy enough of getting any minutes. If your a creative player and you are unwilling or unable to get on the ball and dictate the play then togger at Everton ain't for you.
I've said this a lot but the combo between him and Digne worked because Digne is good. He was doing the same kinds of things today with Nkounkou but it didn't produce anything because Nkounkou isn't as good yet as Lucas is. The link up play was never anything revolutionary on Bernard's part, and his inability to take the initiative on himself was always an issue.

Unfortunately the only good thing I can ever remember him doing for us was what, over 2 years ago, when he skinned a Leicester player at their ground and put over a perfect cross for us to score. Literally don't think he's taken on a player since that day. This buying of midfield players who don't score or assist needs to be firmly put in the past. James is a great start, but I also can't see Doucouré or Allan offering much in the final third, as good as they are.

There's more players who have done less too that are still there.
63 games, 4 goals, 5 assists.
This is not a creative output. I want to like him, but I can’t see how he fits in. I don’t want him to start, I don’t want him to come on when we are chasing the game. I thought Gordon was the man to inflict some directness yesterday

63 games, 4 goals, 5 assists.
This is not a creative output. I want to like him, but I can’t see how he fits in. I don’t want him to start, I don’t want him to come on when we are chasing the game. I thought Gordon was the man to inflict some directness yesterday

Again, the same can be said of Iwobi, Walcott, Siggurdson (minus 1 season) for the past 3 years.

The only think why I still think Bernard is a good player is that he's a better footballer than the 3 mentioned.

But saying that, it's not worked out for him here.

Like a few players recently he has got progressively worse since he has been at the club. I was never a huge fan but he absolutely stinks the place out at the moment. Big wages/made for life, constant change of manager/style. Or simply too lightweight and slow for the Premier league. Maybe a combination of all three.

Just think he isn't suited to the league tbh. I look at Fraser yesterday who i believe is smaller than Bernard yet he makes up for it by being quick and he is also very solid in build and hard to knock off the ball, Bernard does'nt have this and whilst found a place in Silvas system it clearly isn't working for him under Carlo.

Unfortunately the only good thing I can ever remember him doing for us was what, over 2 years ago, when he skinned a Leicester player at their ground and put over a perfect cross for us to score. Literally don't think he's taken on a player since that day. This buying of midfield players who don't score or assist needs to be firmly put in the past. James is a great start, but I also can't see Doucouré or Allan offering much in the final third, as good as they are.

Another horrific post. Well done Butters.

Status
Not open for further replies.