2020/21 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s done ok tonight. Plenty of others need moving before him
He's proven he's not good enough for the Premier League. His wages are far, far too high for what he gives back in return and he should be one of the first out, preferably alongside Sigurdsson, Walcott and Iwobi.

I like Bernard and thought he did ok in the cup game... but is 'ok' good enough against teams like Salford City from a player that is reportedly on £130k per week? Personally I hope he stays and comes good for us, but I can't see it to be honest.

Done well in a game where the opportunity was there to do excellent.

I constantly get the feeling he's just playing well within himself instead of just grabbing the bull by the horns and making things happen. He has all the ability in the world to pick our passes that others don't see, but we don't see him try it anywhere near as much as he should.

Done enough for his spot on the bench on Saturday but needs to demand more of himself and demand the ball more next opportunity he gets

If Rodriguez was injured, Bernard would be the obvious back up.

Yup, that's what I took from the match last night.
In the first half particularly I thought he did really well in that more central role.
I really don't think that he's a player that does well on the wings.

It's why I'd always want him in the middle. Him, siggurdsson and gomes fighting for that furthest forward position is a good selection, you just feel siggy and Bernard's wages are too high for that role and to have both of them. Thankfully they can play other positions too.

Status
Not open for further replies.