2020/21 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Such an underwhelming signing. Had obvious talent and pedigree when he arrived for a free transfer but just produced virtually nothing. The prem is difficult but players of a simile profile like Mata haven’t had much problems with it. He just floated through games completely anonymously.

Such an underwhelming signing. Had obvious talent and pedigree when he arrived for a free transfer but just produced virtually nothing. The prem is difficult but players of a simile profile like Mata haven’t had much problems with it. He just floated through games completely anonymously.

Lots of short players are fine physically in the Prem (Lennon,Mata, Podence, Silva etc) because they have a low centre of gravity. Bernard doesn’t - he’s so slight I always thought he was a shocking signing as he was just obviously not strong enough for the league.

Lots of short players are fine physically in the Prem (Lennon,Mata, Podence, Silva etc) because they have a low centre of gravity. Bernard doesn’t - he’s so slight I always thought he was a shocking signing as he was just obviously not strong enough for the league.
Don’t think it was shocking. Maybe in terms of his wages yeah. But on a free can see the appeal. Technically does have something but game too strong for him here. It is what it is.

Ancleotti didn’t fancy him at all to give him a run of games and Benitez clearly wants more natural wingers.

I do hope he leaves and has success with whoever he joins abroad. Don’t ever think there has been a lack of effort from him.

Don’t think it was shocking. Maybe in terms of his wages yeah. But on a free can see the appeal. Technically does have something but game too strong for him here. It is what it is.

Ancleotti didn’t fancy him at all to give him a run of games and Benitez clearly wants more natural wingers.

I do hope he leaves and has success with whoever he joins abroad. Don’t ever think there has been a lack of effort from him.

I’m not sure, I remember some games under Silva in his first season when he was taking long balls on the byeline with bits of skill, he played far far better under him. I just don’t think he’s turned up at all for the last two seasons.

Always really liked him as a person. seems like a really nice guy. But just never really got going for us unfortunately. Will always fondly remember him for scoring the winner against Spurs in the cup though.

Just had a look at the team he's supposed to be joining in the UAE and they've got loads of Brazilian players so I'm sure he'll enjoy his time over there and probably absolutely boss it too.

Good luck to him

Status
Not open for further replies.