2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Bernard. He reminds me of Limpar, with that effortless level of trickery he has. I'd keep hold of him for another season, at least. Flair players need bruisers backing them up, and for the last few seasons, he's been surrounded by nothing but bottlers. Remember when everyone thought Juninho would get eaten alive in England? 'Boro were hardly a flair team, and had a few yard dogs to protect their star man. Didn't work out too bad for those plazzy Mackems in the end, did it?
If I was linear, I’d be fuming. A top drawer player was limpar. Temperamental but fearless and man of the match in the cup final, arguably the semi final. This guy can’t even produce against burnley. Please take that comparison back. Our last trophy win limpar was a massive part of

Love big joe but he’s wrong ... andrei was the best he had and probably the best player we have had in the prem era

I would expect the performance of Limpar in the FA Cup final is a big part of that assessment. He was sensational in the first half of that game.
He too had looked rather light weight under the management of Walker.

I have not given up on Bernard yet. He has shown flashes of brilliance, albeit inconsistently. If he can overcome his panic attack issues and find enjoyment in playing football again, without fear of failure, he can be an asset to the team for sure.

A great little player who had his faults. Didnt he give away a peno with handball v Wimbledon 94 and then win a peno to redeem himself just before half time?
Correct, Sir! The handball he did was atrocious, and the penalty he won was audacious, to the extent he could, and should, have been carded.But for all that, he was effortlessly talented and probably a truly world class player for Everton of the Premier era, and only just surpassed by Andrei, as stated by @Tel001 above.

Status
Not open for further replies.