2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree but given the absolute wedge he is rumoured to be on, the fact he isn't an undisputed starter and that we got him on a free meaning that a sale is pure profit on the books then I just don't see how we keep him.

I'd be karting Iwobi off before Bernard everyday of the week but we spent an absolute fortune on him and giving him another season to maybe rehabilitate himself as an Everton player makes more sense.

I think Bernard has shown his best level for us; he's a smart player, can link up well in 5 man midfield and will get around 4-5 goals a season with maybe an equal number of assists. I think Gordon probably reaches those figures next season himself so keeping Bernard around is an extravagance we can't afford or need.
Hoping a young player stays healthy enough for a full season? We have to trust Ancelotti on this one. If he's still here for preseason it must be because he is in his plans. He'll be easy to shift to Portugal or Spain if not.

Hoping a young player stays healthy enough for a full season? We have to trust Ancelotti on this one. If he's still here for preseason it must be because he is in his plans. He'll be easy to shift to Portugal or Spain if not.

As I say, the chances of Iwobi being moved on are miniscule (unfortunately) so I think he would be the one to provide competition with Gordon for the left hand side.

Ideally, I'd like a new player there too but when you've got right back, right wing, centre midfield and goalkeeper options like ours, we may have to just make do what we have in some areas.

I think some are missing his generally good home form he's shown for us.

I'm not suggesting we can't get an upgrade on him but he's a very decent squad player imo.

It's almost like touches two, three and four matter as well.
Agree with you on that. Just dont think he is in the plans. An when coming on he doesn't give you hope of getting back into a game or making something happen when its on a knifes edge. Gordon gives you that belief which is why I think he's playing before bernard.

I think some are missing his generally good home form he's shown for us.

I'm not suggesting we can't get an upgrade on him but he's a very decent squad player imo.
I still think that he's a decent player, but the writing is on the wall now. He's clearly going to be told to find a new club once the season finishes.

I just wish that the club was taking such a hard line with Sigurdsson.

As I say, the chances of Iwobi being moved on are miniscule (unfortunately) so I think he would be the one to provide competition with Gordon for the left hand side.

Ideally, I'd like a new player there too but when you've got right back, right wing, centre midfield and goalkeeper options like ours, we may have to just make do what we have in some areas.
I'd go so far as two in midfield a DM and someone creative,Gomes doesn't look up to it.

Very clear that Carlo doesn’t rate or trust him, so would be very strange if we weren’t trying to offload him. He’s too weak for this league.

He doesn't offer anything.
I mean he does but it's not consistently enough which is why it's annoying, Too many players who can be good on this or that day but never every match.
Silva randomly dropping after the Watford game when him and Digne were a good pairing the season before is just utterly bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.