2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.

I said when he signed that he won't make in the prem ,he is too lightweight ,sadly I seem to be right .We need more Carsley ,Cahill types to get us up off the deck ,some who will die for the shirt but Carlo knows so I can wait .
It was so clear yesterday that he has their numbers and is going to act .
He is an arm around them kind of guy and he came out to the press complaining ,that is the sign for the dross that they are on the way out .

...i just think the Manager needs different types to help manage games. The things he was doing well in respect of ball retention he’s not now doing well but I think Ancelotti will like him.

I'm not really sure he's good enough in this league to get away with his lack of athleticism. Granted the system may not suit him, but he's no David Silva. He doesn't offer enough going forward and if the full back over-laps he doesn't have the ability to cover, meaning if we lose the ball they're pretty much attacking our area. This has been the case for years at Everton for me, a massive lack of mobility (and quality) in the midfield, making the game too open when we lose the ball.

I bet if he'd have joined Liverpool he would have turned into the second coming of Coutinho. Alas he joined us and was the Tom Davies of left wingers.

I think once we have a functioning central midfield we can get the best from Bernard and he'll be at least a decent squad player. Well he'd be at least far down my list of sales right now. I don't think he's as bad as he has been playing right now.

....for whatever reason, he’s clearly out of sorts at the moment but I think he’s demonstrated enough ability to show he can be an effective squad member.

I agree but given the absolute wedge he is rumoured to be on, the fact he isn't an undisputed starter and that we got him on a free meaning that a sale is pure profit on the books then I just don't see how we keep him.

I'd be karting Iwobi off before Bernard everyday of the week but we spent an absolute fortune on him and giving him another season to maybe rehabilitate himself as an Everton player makes more sense.

I think Bernard has shown his best level for us; he's a smart player, can link up well in 5 man midfield and will get around 4-5 goals a season with maybe an equal number of assists. I think Gordon probably reaches those figures next season himself so keeping Bernard around is an extravagance we can't afford or need.

Status
Not open for further replies.