2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they are able to replace Siggy's goals. That's my big concern at the moment. Siggy always takes time to get into his stride. I think once he does he'll still be a big asset at home when we dominate possession. I'd defo give Iwobi a go away from home though

Competition for places is what we want.

Yes and some teams require Siggy some require someone a bit pacier and even DCL if he gets into form/
Bernard would be a good no.10 too I think, and if we can coach them to be a fluid interchangeable front line that would be brilliant

A young forward line is great, and if Walcott is also going to improve with competition then
Siggy/Iwobi/Bernard/Richy/DCL/Walcott/Kean = an excellent squad!!

He hasn't been the unmitigated disaster that Gylfi, Richarlison and DCL have, but he also hasn't been anything more than he was last season. If we are picking a side that could competently link together him, Iwobi and Kean are all in it.

Our attack is dreadful. I think he's the type of player that can't ignite a good forward line but he would blend in very well around other good players. He had absolutely nothing to play off tonight, I include our left back in that.

I was fine trying 2 up top as I think that suits DCL. Richarlison was appalling.
I guess. I thought we could have kept someone on as a center attacking mid a bit longer and tried to have a threat down the middle instead of resorting to bombing crosses in for an entire half hour. There wasn't really a good option.

I guess. I thought we could have kept someone on as a center attacking mid a bit longer and tried to have a threat down the middle instead of resorting to bombing crosses in for an entire half hour. There wasn't really a good option.

Personally would have swapped Sig for Iwobi as attacking mid then Rich for Kean.

Bernard DCL Kean as close forwards. Keep DCL for knock-ons as, well, we saw what the alternative is with Walcott.

He's been comfortably our best attacking player this season so far.

That said, he's been competing against Brett Angell levels of awfulness in Sigurdsson, Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin.

Personally would have swapped Sig for Iwobi as attacking mid then Rich for Kean.

Bernard DCL Kean as close forwards. Keep DCL for knock-ons as, well, we saw what the alternative is with Walcott.
That creates a lopsided set up though by having no real right wing. Kean would just come inside. But that's what happened anyway because Richarlison just came inside. For me Iwobi for Bernard or Sigurdsson and a straight swap of Kean for DCL at least leaves the system somewhat intact. We ended up with a messy setup that didn't suit us at all for the last half hour.

But like I said I just don't think there is a good choice when you have 3 attackers under performing and replacing all 3 requires Walcott to come in.

Yes and some teams require Siggy some require someone a bit pacier and even DCL if he gets into form/
Bernard would be a good no.10 too I think, and if we can coach them to be a fluid interchangeable front line that would be brilliant

A young forward line is great, and if Walcott is also going to improve with competition then
Siggy/Iwobi/Bernard/Richy/DCL/Walcott/Kean = an excellent squad!!
On paper I absolutely agree. Unfortunately they play on grass

Status
Not open for further replies.