2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unplayable so far.

His workrate is unreal. He looks far fitter and stronger than when he first came, and it's starting to pay dividends.

Exciting to see him beginning to build a real partnership and understanding with Digne. Bodes well for the future!
Couldn’t agree more but I would like to him be more selfish at times especially when he beats his man and cuts in because it showed yesterday that a shot can take a nick and go in but I could say that about most are players who always get into good shooting positions but choose not to

Incredible what serious competition can do for a player. He looks like he knows that Iwobi is after his shirt.

100% of Everton's goals this season. Stats, baby, stats!
You're probably one of those people who says stats can say whatever you like them to which is more a problem with your ability to figure out when someone is being dishonest than it is the fault of the stats.

Anyway it's too early to really draw any conclusions from just this year's games, but so far he is right in line with last season. It's just he looks better compared to Gylfi and Richarlison thus far as they've done next to nothing.

And for the record I don't want to drop him right now. We do need to get Iwobi and Kean in the team but I think Gylfi is a bigger weak point currently.

You're probably one of those people who says stats can say whatever you like them to which is more a problem with your ability to figure out when someone is being dishonest than it is the fault of the stats.

Anyway it's too early to really draw any conclusions from just this year's games, but so far he is right in line with last season. It's just he looks better compared to Gylfi and Richarlison thus far as they've done next to nothing.

And for the record I don't want to drop him right now. We do need to get Iwobi and Kean in the team but I think Gylfi is a bigger weak point currently.
Lol, I'm a research scientist and have a pretty clear idea of the appropriate usage of stats. I think it's interesting that a man with a clear agenda against a single player, and who frequently pushes this agenda using stats, is complaining about someone clearly using an absurd stat (one based on one data point immediately, and obviously, rendering it useless) to take the mick as evidence of a lack of understanding and being agenda driven. Transference, I think the psychologists call it.

Lol, I'm a research scientist and have a pretty clear idea of the appropriate usage of stats. I think it's interesting that a man with a clear agenda against a single player, and who frequently pushes this agenda using stats, is complaining about someone clearly using an absurd stat (one based on one data point immediately, and obviously, rendering it useless) to take the mick as evidence of a lack of understanding and being agenda driven. Transference, I think the psychologists call it.
Here's the thing, the stat bashing on here is so constant that I've really stopped trying to discern whether it is taking the mick or if the person is serious. I just assume that it is serious. So apologies there.

On the agenda part, it really isn't that. I've stated a few times since yesterday that Bernard has done enough to stay in the team for at least a few weeks now because he is the only one showing up. But that also doesn't mean that I suddenly think he has gone up a level and is now someone who is pushing us past 8th place. There is still a lot to prove on that front.

I've come around to the idea that we should see what he is capable of with a real goal scorer up top because DCL is just not even getting into a single dangerous position in matches now. Hopefully Kean can be that guy and Bernard, Gylfi and Richarlison can all benefit. If that unlocks Bernard and he actually goes up a level I will hold my hand up. One deflected goal isn't enough for me though.

Lies, damn lies and statistics.

Think that was attributed to Disraeli by Twain.

Unplayable so far.

His workrate is unreal. He looks far fitter and stronger than when he first came, and it's starting to pay dividends.

Exciting to see him beginning to build a real partnership and understanding with Digne. Bodes well for the future!
Unplayable??

I wouldn't go that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.