2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a bit of Limpar in him really. He carries the ball well and takes it in all sorts of areas. The worry you'd have with him is that sometimes he's on the periphery of the game. If you play him in the middle the game could go through him and he could really like play. Interested to know if others see it, but I think he's got real ability to dictate play for us from a deeper/freer position.
If we were seeing him scoring regularly, and the ability to shoot from long range I would say he would be ideal in the middle. So far though he hasn’t shown enough

Can't believe we're paying him £177k a week
I don't think that number is right but he is our highest earner I believe which is nuts

....the way it is for players who move on a Bosman with no transfer money involved. I imagine he also got a massive signing fee.

I tend not to think too deeply about the salaries these blokes are on, most top flight clubs are having to pay these amounts. It’s more silly when you consider the likes of Sandro and Bolasie who are totally unused by the club.

....the way it is for players who move on a Bosman with no transfer money involved. I imagine he also got a massive signing fee.

I tend not to think too deeply about the salaries these blokes are on, most top flight clubs are having to pay these amounts. It’s more silly when you consider the likes of Sandro and Bolasie who are totally unused by the club.
Yeah we definitely have a lot going to waste currently. That said if Iwobi replaces Bernard on a more permanent basis the rest of this season and beyond, it could be a Bolasie like task trying to move Bernard on toward the end of his deal. If that scenario plays out we will have a player approaching 30 who has wages only a small percentage of clubs can pay. Good luck moving that. The redeeming thing is he came on a free so any sale is pure profit and thus a smaller transfer fee would be ok.

Yeah we definitely have a lot going to waste currently. That said if Iwobi replaces Bernard on a more permanent basis the rest of this season and beyond, it could be a Bolasie like task trying to move Bernard on toward the end of his deal. If that scenario plays out we will have a player approaching 30 who has wages only a small percentage of clubs can pay. Good luck moving that. The redeeming thing is he came on a free so any sale is pure profit and thus a smaller transfer fee would be ok.

...Bernard is a smashing player and I think he’s always a good option to have. His goalscoring record suggests that’s an area that will never improve, but he’s very composed in possession of a football and that makes him very useful, particularly away from homes against the best teams when you need to keep the ball.

Bernard is different to the other wide players and that gives his Manager options to manage games better. Age shouldn’t be a major factor, he’s not dependent on pace or physicality so should be useful well into his 30s.

Thanks to Brands got shut of a lot of waste in the summer.

Walcott is our highest paid player on 135k a week.

Steve-Walsh.png

Luckily teams would take Bernard because he's good at football.

Status
Not open for further replies.