2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Too easily dealt with for the opposition unfortunately, on his day he can be a tidy player and at least tries to link the play.. however his days once in a blue moon and he spends most of the game giving away possession and being bullied off the ball

I’d have liked to have seen him as a 10, doesn’t really have the attributes to play left mid in this league. Probably another who’ll stay around on massive wages.

There was a time when not rating him meant you didn't understand what good footballers were.

there was also a time Bernard actually looked like he’d once played champions league football and been a Brazil international before he decided he’d roll up like a league 2 player for us this season.

there was also a time Bernard actually looked like he’d once played champions league football and been a Brazil international before he decided he’d roll up like a league 2 player for us this season.

I think this was largely limited to a few 10-15-second spells in his first couple of months.

I think this was largely limited to a few 10-15-second spells in his first couple of months.

first season under Silva he was far far better than he is now, especially at Goodison. He’s been torrid this season, looks overweight, slow, unfit, his touch is gone, and he can’t even hold his own against average players. Wasn’t that long ago he was turning Alexander Arnold and Ricardo from Leicester inside out away from home. Now he can barely trap the ball.

When he first came in I truly thought he would become something in the Everton squad but now I watch him and it’s clear he isn’t good enough for this division. Best of luck to the lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.