2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernard is the type of player that makes me love football. It's as simple as that. This is not something I can say for anyone on the rest of the team. He reminds me of pienaar, unfortunately he doesn't seem to have the players around him that pienaar had (baines, arteta, yakubu, saha in the natural talent department. Cahill and Fellaini in the grit and determination department)

Bernard could go and play under pep at city and not look out of place. That's probably gonna be controversial to some but that's how much I like him.
Stop slandering Pienaar.

Also just as an interesting aside Yak's highest league total was 15 and Saha's was 13. Both Richarlison and Dom are in range of that.

Bernard is the type of player that makes me love football. It's as simple as that. This is not something I can say for anyone on the rest of the team. He reminds me of pienaar, unfortunately he doesn't seem to have the players around him that pienaar had (baines, arteta, yakubu, saha in the natural talent department. Cahill and Fellaini in the grit and determination department)

Bernard could go and play under pep at city and not look out of place. That's probably gonna be controversial to some but that's how much I like him.

It should not be a controversial view. It is correct, he is top-class and can lose the best of defenders with magical turns and touches.

Haha I like that you consider that slander. I'd be hard pressed to think of a player I like more than Pienaar. Even so I do think Bernard shares similar qualities to him.

It's true that richarlison and dom's goal contributions are actually quite good. And yet I feel like Saha and Yakubu contributed so much more to the team and felt more consistent generally.

Dom has impressed me over the last few months, though. His improvement is absolutely huge and his work rate is also stellar. I have a lot more confidence he will become a very good striker for us.

Richarlison blows hot and cold, but does have the occasional moment of absolute class.

Haha I like that you consider that slander. I'd be hard pressed to think of a player I like more than Pienaar. Even so I do think Bernard shares similar qualities to him.

It's true that richarlison and dom's goal contributions are actually quite good. And yet I feel like Saha and Yakubu contributed so much more to the team and felt more consistent generally.

Dom has impressed me over the last few months, though. His improvement is absolutely huge and his work rate is also stellar. I have a lot more confidence he will become a very good striker for us.

Richarlison blows hot and cold, but does have the occasional moment of absolute class.
Pienaar was a 1 in 3 player over his career here. Bernard is currently closer to 1 in 6. It's a levels thing. I said the other day they have similar qualities like Rom and Anichebe had similar qualities.

With the strikers I just find it interesting that generally Saha and Yakubu are remembered very fondly and we have guys at that level who seem to not get that recognition. Probably just a nostalgia thing.

Funny how Delph gives the ball away once and everyone boos. Bernard does it 10 times in the first half and he's brilliant

Even funnier when fans don't understand that attacking players who are constantly trying to make things happen will lose the ball a fair amount, it comes with the territory,maybe he should start passing side and back just so he doesn't give it away, that would be productive I'm sure.

Even funnier when fans don't understand that attacking players who are constantly trying to make things happen will lose the ball a fair amount, it comes with the territory,maybe he should start passing side and back just so he doesn't give it away, that would be productive I'm sure.
He played well mate. Just don't think Delph deserves the amount of stick he gets on here.

Strange that he gets dropped so much. Wonder what's going on?

He got a standing ovation at Goodison when he came off the other week against Newcastle, and you could see, and hear the Gwladys street end applauding him as he walked past, to the point where they (and even I in the park end) were not really watching the game itself at that point, but him!
The love for him in the stadium when he was playing, was palpable, and it was not undeserved as he played brilliantly.
He's the kind of player whom if I go to a game I would be excited just to see him on the team sheet, because he's someone who is a joy to watch playing football. We do not have many players like that it's gotta be said! Strange...

Strange that he gets dropped so much. Wonder what's going on?

He got a standing ovation at Goodison when he came off the other week against Newcastle, and you could see, and hear the Gwladys street end applauding him as he walked past, to the point where they (and even I in the park end) were not really watching the game itself at that point, but him!
The love for him in the stadium when he was playing, was palpable, and it was not undeserved as he played brilliantly.
He's the kind of player whom if I go to a game I would be excited just to see him on the team sheet, because he's someone who is a joy to watch playing football. We do not have many players like that it's gotta be said! Strange...

I love the little guy but think it boils down to the type of game and being away from home.

Both his last two home performances have been excellent. Ovation worthy.

Away from home though he drifts in and out of the game and i think Mr Ancelotti wanted to ensure we had that pace and power on the counter attack more than anything, where as at Home there is more pressure on us to have more of the ball and be 'probing' the defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.