2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He dug his grave with Iwobi. Insinuated that board members were racist for criticizing him and can’t stand that Bernard has proven himself to be the more effective player. At least thus far
We can pop over to current affairs if you want to discuss the first part of that, but it wasn't for criticizing him and there's some interesting patterns on here if you actually want to hear about them, which I'm assuming based on your tone you actually don't.

As for Iwobi vs Bernard, I've been wrong so far but only to the degree that when Iwobi comes back he could literally have a mini 3 in 3 streak and be the same level as Bernard has been to this point. Which is to say it is still a thin margin. And I still believe that Iwobi's forward passing and ability to complete passes into the box are things we could maybe build around. But I'd also be lying if I said he hasn't been a bit disappointing.

I personally have been very harsh on Iwobi.

Im gonna be honest he never looked amazing for Arsenal and for us he had a few decent moments, but honestly he looks like he struggles to run.

Im rooting for Marcel as I always do, but I think hes got this 1 way off.

Let see be honest Iwobi is an awful signing, what does he offer?

If it's was Brands it absolutely stinks of seeing who we can buy off bigger clubs.

Let see be honest Iwobi is an awful signing, what does he offer?

If it's was Brands it absolutely stinks of seeing who we can buy off bigger clubs.
He offers forward passing. It's an isolated skill without much else involved but I'd like to think he could at least be serviceable under Carlo. It's also something that we so severely lack right now in the rest of the team.

He offers forward passing. It's an isolated skill without much else involved but I'd like to think he could at least be serviceable under Carlo. It's also something that we so severely lack right now in the rest of the team.

His passing is awful have you not seen the amount of times he rubs his massive fod then raises his hand when he fails to make a 3 yard pass to Richarlison.

His passing is awful have you not seen the amount of times he rubs his massive fod then raises his hand when he fails to make a 3 yard pass to Richarlison.
I mean he has some shockers but this is where stats are useful because he has a higher passing % than all of our forward players, completes more through balls per game than all of them and I believe has the most passes into the box per game too, although I can't find where I saw that before to check again. People are hung up on how unwieldy he looks at times and missing what he actually does with the ball. If he started actually creating chances and scoring he's be the complete anti-Bernard.

But still he has to do more. It's just that it's also inaccurate to say he doesn't do anything. Just as Bernard has to do more. And so does Walcott.

I mean you've summed it up well. I don't think he's that good so when he steps up and plays "well," people go crazy when in reality he's only played at a level that should be his baseline every week. Yesterday was probably one of his 2 or 3 best games this season and I think a good winger would be having a game like that be his average week.

You really have nailed it there. When everyone thinks he's played well he's typically put in a performance that for actually good wingers is just an average to slightly above average game but when he's off his game, as his level is already a notch below, he's hardly PL standard. Well in mate.

Good God man.

I mean he has some shockers but this is where stats are useful because he has a higher passing % than all of our forward players, completes more through balls per game than all of them and I believe has the most passes into the box per game too, although I can't find where I saw that before to check again. People are hung up on how unwieldy he looks at times and missing what he actually does with the ball. If he started actually creating chances and scoring he's be the complete anti-Bernard.

But still he has to do more. It's just that it's also inaccurate to say he doesn't do anything. Just as Bernard has to do more. And so does Walcott.

So he's not good enough yeah?

If Bernard is now in the middle as the No.10, there’s little hope for Iwobi in the team, because that’s the only place he doesn’t look like a complete amateur

People really underrate Bernard, he is a fantastic player completely swings momentum our way and pushes confidence to attack and try something different throughout the whole team
In fairness though, it is only recently he has actually used the ball well. Yes he has been a great offensive outlet (as well as great tracking back) but his new found ability to pick a pass has really shone out.

Iwobi is dog dirt, so if the choice is him or Bernard on the left it has to be Bernard as long as he's fit to play. That doesn't mean Bernard is exempt from criticism though; he really lacks goals and assists to his game, and I wish he'd get the ball into the box a lot more often than he does.

Bernard is the type of player that makes me love football. It's as simple as that. This is not something I can say for anyone on the rest of the team. He reminds me of pienaar, unfortunately he doesn't seem to have the players around him that pienaar had (baines, arteta, yakubu, saha in the natural talent department. Cahill and Fellaini in the grit and determination department)

Bernard could go and play under pep at city and not look out of place. That's probably gonna be controversial to some but that's how much I like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.