2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.

He’s a good keeper but keeps making mistakes that result in goals......
Ok, but his mistake was no different than the 5 mistakes that Siggy made or the mistakes Richarlison made with the ball. That it turned into a goal is simply coincidence. And frankly, he doesn't make as many mistakes with the ball as others on the team and he creates considerably more.

He's a very good player. He was a handful for Newcastle yesterday and I personally wouldn't have subbed him off.

He also scored plenty for Shaktar. He'll score, just needs a bit more fortune.

Ok, but his mistake was no different than the 5 mistakes that Siggy made or the mistakes Richarlison made with the ball. That it turned into a goal is simply coincidence. And frankly, he doesn't make as many mistakes with the ball as others on the team and he creates considerably more.

He's a very good player. He was a handful for Newcastle yesterday and I personally wouldn't have subbed him off.

Sorry mate, I posted about Pickford in the wrong thread......I really like Bernard....

That wasn't my point. Teams in the top 6 typically have goalscorers in all of the attacking positions. It looks like we'd do well to get 5 goals out of Bernard in a season.
That wasn't my point. Teams in the top 6 typically have goalscorers in all of the attacking positions. It looks like we'd do well to get 5 goals out of Bernard in a season.

Fair point there. But id take a player having the influence Pienaar had in terms of build up and attacking threat than end product...as long as others around him slot

Fair point there. But id take a player having the influence Pienaar had in terms of build up and attacking threat than end product...as long as others around him slot
Yeah same.

Plus we don't know if he won't score when we get better - right now we look like we'd kill for a goal anyway.

A few of the other lads could learn a thing or two about attitude, workrate, passion and commitment from wee Bernard, he's boss. Top little player, who plays to entertain the crowd and works damn hard to boot, he's no luxury player.

6 goals in a season isnt plenty in the PL, and it for certain isnt plenty in ukrain. The only place he’s scored plenty is Brazil. And with plenty, i mean 11 goals in a season. So, yeah. Thinking he’s suddenly going to become a prolific goal scorer is a little naive.

Should still play, probably our best winger, goals or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.