2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf mate, this isn't to be patronising, I don't think he'd get in any of those sides apart from maybe Arsenal.

Wouldn't fit a Mourinho team.

Wouldn't get in ahead of any of Chelsea's front three.

Wouldn't start ahead of Son/Eriksen if everyone's fit and firing.

He's a good player, but he's not world class. He's definitely the level/age we need to be helping us bridge the gap though!

Yeah, probs agree with that. But weren't Chelsea in for him? Under another manager he'd get in that Man Utd side...

Maybe we should see how he plays in the league before claiming he’s better or worse than current PL players?

Well come on mate.

That's pretty much saying 'any player who doesn't play in the Premier League could be better than one who does'.

I've seen Bernard play in the Champions League. He's a good player. But he isn't - yet - as good as Eriksen/Son/Hazard/Willian/Martial/Sanchez etc

Yeah, probs agree with that. But weren't Chelsea in for him? Under another manager he'd get in that Man Utd side...

I think if Chelsea were actually in for him, he'd have gone there.

They probably will have taken him, but he wasn't a priority deal for them.

So that kind of shows you the level he's currently at.

He's an excellent addition for us. I have a few concerns over his size but that can be tapered by how we play and what role he's given. He's a quality player who makes us stronger, that's for sure.

Well come on mate.

That's pretty much saying 'any player who doesn't play in the Premier League could be better than one who does'.

I've seen Bernard play in the Champions League. He's a good player. But he isn't - yet - as good as Eriksen/Son/Hazard/Willian/Martial/Sanchez etc

Well no, obvious exceptions haha but I think Bernard has the potential to prove as good as a lot of those.

Tbf mate, this isn't to be patronising, I don't think he'd get in any of those sides apart from maybe Arsenal.

Wouldn't fit a Mourinho team.

Wouldn't get in ahead of any of Chelsea's front three.

Wouldn't start ahead of Son/Eriksen if everyone's fit and firing.

He's a good player, but he's not world class. He's definitely the level/age we need to be helping us bridge the gap though!
I am not sure that we know yet just what he is capable of or what he can bring to this league. He may easily be another David Silva or just not up to this type of league at all.
I think most judgements are made based on his size alone.

Really looking forward to seeing this lad.

I really don’t see Sigurdsson offer anything as a 10. Hoping this lad can work the magic & create chances.

Hope to see him come off the bench tomorrow.
He’s a winger, dont think he’s played all that much as a ten, has he?

Wait, he’s 10cm shorter than Lookman? I knew he was a small guy, but christ on a sandwich, thats tiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.