Bentley anyone??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been harping on for weeks about getting him in.

The Spurs board must realise that they're not going to get anything like the sort of money they want for him and if Levy's got any sense, he'll readily agree on a loan-to-buy type of deal.

At least that way, even if it's not us that buys him in the end, he'll have gotten much more match time to attract other suitors than he's going to get staying put.

At the end of last season, he wasn't even making the bench and now Naughton & Crouch have pushed his chances even further down...

I can remember us talking about Bentley back in May sometime when Redknapp suggested Bentley is surplus at Spuds.

He could be great, or he could be a total waste of money.

It has to be a loan if possible, has to be. Any large investment would be a gamble of very limited resources. (to a club who are actually in a healthy financial state, so I dont want to add to their pile of wedge!))

Premier League Star On Drink Drive Charge - Yahoo! News UK

Tottenham Hotspur midfielder David Bentley has been charged with drink driving following a car accident.

The 24-year-old winger was arrested in the early hours of the morning after crashing his car in Northaw, Hertfordshire, police said.

In a statement on the Spurs website Bentley wrote: "I should like to apologise to my club and the supporters for my actions which led to my car accident last night and my subsequent charge.

"It was wholly unacceptable and I fully appreciate that as a professional footballer I have a duty to behave in a reputable and responsible manner.

A wake up call my arse. It's just a way to let the fans know he is sorry. Why didn't he wake up before he got in the car pissed?

If he had got home and woke up with a hangover would he have made a statement that it was a wake up call?

I think he's a decent player, but don't want any wannabe superstars to be honest. Ego bigger than club no doubt,.

I think he has got fantastic ability, maybe lacking in the application department, but moyes could fix that.

I suupose Spurs will wnat most of the £15 million they paid, which could be a bit of a problem for us, so I cant see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.