Benitez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe he won’t work with a DoF???

Well that’s fine, because we don’t have one. Just some cardboard cutout who left us without a CB, CM & striker. He should be gone with Silva.

Well unless he grew 6 inches & adopted a Scottish accent, I’m pretty sure that wasn’t him in the presser yesterday.
If ( and its a big if) any manager was all but agreed he certainly wouldnt be paraded before the press until after todays game.

And it wont be the washed up former R/S manager commonly known as FSW anyway.

This is a tricky one.

Would obviously split the fan base (as would Moyes in my view).

There's no doubt he has the experience required. But his history with those across the park is a huge stumbling block.
And....would he even come here? Location in proximity to his family for him is great, obviously.
Beardsley and Sheedy are two excellent players who made the move across and became fans favourites. A handful of other players too. But a manager, is a bit different. And one who has a 'history'with us too. Difficult.

On the basis that both him and Moyes would split our fan base, I'd actually say Benitez because he's a better manager in my view, so that tips it.
However, in reality, it won't happen and we won't have to face the obvious dilemna's that would bring.

Status
Not open for further replies.