Benitez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he won’t work with a DoF???

Well that’s fine, because we don’t have one. Just some cardboard cutout who left us without a CB, CM & striker. He should be gone with Silva.

Yes he absolutely will and has done a number of times.

Word is that West Ham are bringing in Eduardo Macia who worked with Rafael at Pool and Valencia, in hope they can rekindle their former glory.

Thought I'd seen that he had a clause that he could leave for free if it was to a premier league side or team in champions League.

He wouldn't want to manage a 'small club' now would he. (sarcasm implied)

He won't be considered quite frankly due to the hostile reception he has gotten many times as an opposing manager visiting Goodison and not just with Liverpool.

Gollum would hopelessly divide the support but the RS slug would destroy it amid scenes of bitter acrimony in the stands.
Plus both coach dire football.
It amazes me how some people aren’t aware of the animosity towards this pair of twits, do they even go to the game.
We need to appoint someone who suits the players we have, so more attack minded than either of these two .
At this juncture we also need someone who can galvanise, inspire and unite the support.
Neither of these two dreary characters are vaguely incapable of such a feat.

Ooouch! Is that right?

What was the total cost of that clown Silva though? And Koeman..

It’s less than a Bolasie. Or what we overpaid on Sigurdsson.

So £20 million release, £12 million a year contract. It’s an expensive job and that’s even before the inevitable playing squad/coaching shuffle

There has to be better options out there especially if it will cost £20m.

As quite a few have said how comfortable would the support be if a guy who managed them across the park took charge. Especially one who showed little or no class towards us

I'd have no qualms with Benitez, but I doubt the club would pay the large reported release clause.

Ok, he had a go at us once. Big deal. I have a pop at the RS all the time so I'm not going to be a hypocrite and still get on my high horse over his comments from nearly 13 bleedin' years ago.

Last edited:
Thought I'd seen that he had a clause that he could leave for free if it was to a premier league side or team in champions League.

Not sure on the fee, I don't think the reported 20m is correct though,but the get out clause is only for teams in La Liga and the Premier league.

There was an article a few days ago which said he doesn't want to return to La Liga and his wife has been pleading with him to return to the Premier league.

I'd have no qualms with Benitez, but I doubt the club would pay the large reported release clause.

There are very few options out there who could start straight away, which could explain why Arsenal and Everton have been taking their time getting someone in. There could also be a number of other teams who will be looking for a new manager soon as well such as West Ham.

So paying the clause isn't really a big deal, it could be a case of we'll buy out your contract, but you won't have any money to spend until the summer.

It was reported a few days ago that Arsenal don't have any problem paying the clause and West Ham would consider it.

I can see exactly why Benitez is suggested as a possible by the OP, and I agree to a large extent with him.

For me I only have to look at the other candidates supposedly in the hat to support that.

Moyes? my feeling is he was our best since Kendal but times change.

Pereira? Just don't like the man or his 30m a year Shangai contract he'd expect us to match.

Eddie Howe? Another unproven Silva-esque figure.

The mighty Poch? He's won as much as a manager as Duncan Ferguson has, yet we see him as a big and no doubt costly catch.

We've had a few reds cross the park against our wishes in my time, all is forgiven if they perform well.

My view however is I'm glad there has been no knee jerk panic buy for any of the above.
I want to see every true blue get behind Ferguson and give the man a chance today.

If we are 8 points richer and still in one Cup come the first week in January give him the full reins until May and then find the "special one"

Unless of course Duncan guides us to 5th place :) ;)

My wife heard a rumour, yesterday, that he is in line for the job and Kenwright is keen. Unfortunately, the source was from her red nose boss. Who heard it from someone else. But the do have contacts with rich circles and celebs. Through charity work.

Status
Not open for further replies.