Benitez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benitez would be a good appointment, but for me he would be shortish term (2/3 seasons) to get some stability and set us on the right path before handing over to an in situ assistant, maybe Cahill? He is a good, solid manager who seems to consistently develop and get the best out of players, right bloke for me. All the baggage would quickly be forgotten if he gets us going up the table and I think it would really pee our erstwhile neighbours off into the bargain. Rafael IN!!!!!

The people that turn their noses up at Benitez are probably the same people that said Mourinho is finished and in no way we should we have got Vardy in to replace Lukaku, as he was apparently done 2/3 seasons ago. Also probably added to the Aaron Ramsey is crap thread and was just going to Juventus to warm the bench.

You might not like the person which is fine, but their records speak louder than anything we currently have on our books. Beggars can't be choosers. If I had a choice of ANY manager it wouldn't be him, once we start delving below the top layer that probably won't come here anyhow then he is up amongst the best.

Just for clarity here...If the board can land Pochettino or Ancelotti or Ten Hag or Conte I’m on board.

..but that’s not going to happen.

So the options are :

Eddie Howe : How many times do we need to make that mistake. Yes, he’s done a solid job at Bournemouth, but you only have to look at him to know he’s not a strong enough character to command respect at a club the size of Everton. From Mike Walker to Marco Silva, we’ve done it before, didn’t work.
If we were looking to poach from a smaller club, I’d go Dyche. He wouldn’t be dominated by anyone. He would definitely be worth an interview.

Random foreign Johnny : We’ve had way too many failure to take a risk on an unproven manager. Look at the millions Spurs blew on Christian Gross (sp?) or Villas Boas. We need someone who’s a known quantity with a proven track record.

The Mike Basset bin : That bunch of serial failures who just keep popping up. Hughes, Pardew, Nigel Adkins, Moyes...

Benitez is the most obvious choice.

Just for clarity here...If the board can land Pochettino or Ancelotti or Ten Hag or Conte I’m on board.

..but that’s not going to happen.

So the options are :

Eddie Howe : How many times do we need to make that mistake. Yes, he’s done a solid job at Bournemouth, but you only have to look at him to know he’s not a strong enough character to command respect at a club the size of Everton. From Mike Walker to Marco Silva, we’ve done it before, didn’t work.
If we were looking to poach from a smaller club, I’d go Dyche. He wouldn’t be dominated by anyone. He would definitely be worth an interview.

Random foreign Johnny : We’ve had way too many failure to take a risk on an unproven manager. Look at the millions Spurs blew on Christian Gross (sp?) or Villas Boas. We need someone who’s a known quantity with a proven track record.

The Mike Basset bin : That bunch of serial failures who just keep popping up. Hughes, Pardew, Nigel Adkins, Moyes...

Benitez is the most obvious choice.
He's a quality manager. There's no doubt.
But I'm all for making contact with the Ancelotti's of this world, if that's what they are doing, first.
Plus Silva has been gone, what, 48 hours?
Chill.

I've criticized the RS since I was born so I can't have a pop at him for what he said about us.
But anyway, I thought he explained his comment was aimed at Moyes tactics that day, not at Everton the club.
Either way, would I have him on my list, you bet I would, maybe not top of the list but he would be on it.

The situation we find ourselves in yet again, I would honestly be chuffed if we got Benitez. Stuff gets said at Footie, from players, managers and fans alike. It's all part of the drama. If he is coming in, he would get my full support, for sure whoever it is who gets the job, they are going to need the fans to help steer this absolute mess around.

He slithered across to China because he knows full well that he’s a spent force, his time at the top level has long since been and gone.

Steve Bruce has Newcastle doing better than he ever did

Steve Bruce, yes Steve Bruce

Thinking about it, If Benitez comes in and it all go pear shaped we could combine two songs, win win

Sacked in the Morning, you're just a fat Spanish Waiter
Sacked in the Moooorning, you're just a fat Spanish Waiter

It's genius:coffee:

He's a quality manager. There's no doubt.
But I'm all for making contact with the Ancelotti's of this world, if that's what they are doing, first.
Plus Silva has been gone, what, 48 hours?
Chill.

He’s been a dead man walking since at least the Villa defeat.

Properly run organisations in any business are proactive. They always have a contingency plan. OK, I just heard myself.....confused Everton with a properly run organisation there.

Status
Not open for further replies.