2018/19 Beni Baningime

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lad is almost the anti-Davies. He is quite a restricted player in terms of what he can do, but seems to know his game inside out and sticks well within his limits. He looks very composed and picks a pass as well.

I see the comparison to Gana but I wonder if he is a bit more Schneiderlin in style, in that he seems to enjoy sitting deeper, reading the game and protecting the back four. A real anchor man, Gana seems to have a bit more energy.
I’d like to see him play outside his comfort zone rather than taking the easy option
He’ll need a few more strings to his bow to replace Gana IMHO

I’d like to see him play outside his comfort zone rather than taking the easy option
He’ll need a few more strings to his bow to replace Gana IMHO

That's kind of the bite point for most of those players really. People like him now, but believe me if he was in the team he'd be called a "crab", "doesn't score enough goals" etc etc. I like him but I'm not sure we will play with a lad who use his style.

Yeah let's roll the youngsters out...put them in the firing line then you can all have somebody else to blame and accuse of mediocrity.
Let the manager build a team rather than throw kids into the firing line like fodder for you all to crucify ....the state of this forum right now

Yeah let's roll the youngsters out...put them in the firing line then you can all have somebody else to blame and accuse of mediocrity.
Let the manager build a team rather than throw kids into the firing line like fodder for you all to crucify ....the state of this forum right now

Cant tell if youre joking :eek:

But Baningime has 11 appearances for us last season and to me looked very good cleaning up in front of the defence...so if Gana is out Id prefer him to Schneiderlin (sell the donkey) or McCarthy (sell before hes injured again).

Cant tell if youre joking :eek:

But Baningime has 11 appearances for us last season and to me looked very good cleaning up in front of the defence...so if Gana is out Id prefer him to Schneiderlin (sell the donkey) or McCarthy (sell before hes injured again).
Yep Zat I would agree entirely but I think the fan base is toxic atm and a slip up could turn to be a deal set back right now...I am pretty sure that's one if the reasons he is being held out

Yep Zat I would agree entirely but I think the fan base is toxic atm and a slip up could turn to be a deal set back right now...I am pretty sure that's one if the reasons he is being held out

We moan when players play badly but in reality it’s partly our own fault for having such a sour atmosphere at the games. Who’d want to play well for the fans at the minute?

I believe he is/ has been out injured , our communications on injuries to young players is pathetic. I think the last time I saw him was in an U23s game , so when he returns it would make sense for him to play there first.
The reality is Beni is a very talented 20 year old with limited experience and limited ability to change a game around or a team around. He’s very good for his age at what he does, sits in front of the defence, breaks up attacks , carries the ball forward but gets a nose bleed if he crosses the half way line - though I do remember he scored against Chelsea U23s last season in a game he outshone Hazard , well maybe not.
Give the kid time to develop and show us what he can do .

Status
Not open for further replies.